How to find a WLAN Adapter with Monitor Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-24 20:21:44
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm searching for WLAN-Adapter with Monitor-Mode and AC-Standard. Wich Adapters does support that or how can I check out this.

I have a Archer T4U in Version2, which supports Monitor Mode, but when I bought a newer Version it doesn't support that.

I need this for education in an IT-school.

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to find a WLAN Adapter with Monitor Mode
2020-02-05 08:34:41

@Michael9 

Hello, as far as I know, there is no such AC series network adapter can satisfy your needs. Some 802.11n series adapters support instead; Like TL-WN821N V6(kernel version 2.6.24~<4.9.60 ).

May I know how do you know that the Archer T4U V2 supports monitor mode?

Good day.

Options
2020-03-26 10:41:18

What about Atheros AR9271 long-range network adapter? I have TP-Link TL-WN722N but I am not sure it will suit your needs. 

By the way what IT school did you choose for education?

essay typer

Options
2020-03-27 08:10:29

@helenwagner1 Thank you for your answer, but these Adapters do not support the AC-Standard. I solved it by other noname Adapters.

I'm teacher at our school. It's a regular school in Germany in education for the job of an "Fachinformatiker".

Options
2020-03-27 08:12:35
I have an Archer T4U V2 and it worked. And when I bought mor sticks for our sudents, I get an adapter with V4 and it didn't work.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11096

Replies: 4