Not able to see other connected devices in the network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-25 15:37:25
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.14 Build 20191109 Rel. 66552

hey guys.

I have a question, i have my deco m5 set up as an AP.

Router > main deco

Router > switch > decoSlave

The router i mentioned above is essentially one same router ( TPLINK C3150 ).

So everything works fine like this. I'm able to see both the deco AP in the app. Everything connects find and dandy. No problem.

Just one one question though, i'm not able to see other connected devices from the deco itself. I can only see what devices is connected directly to the deco only.

And also, I can see what devices is connected to the deco from the main router.

Most AP's i had was able to do this. Whatever devices connected to the router or the AP, i'm able to see all devices connected from both the router and the AP, doesnt matter which devices it was connected to.

Is it just made like that or my setup is wrong.

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Not able to see other connected devices in the network.
2021-08-07 01:15:11 - last edited 2021-08-07 01:18:35

@Kevin_Z 

This is actually a major security flaw in the TP-Link software. I saw the same thing on my new ER605 router. While you CAN see the DHCP server list, you cannot see connected devices on static IPs as being connected or not. This creates an opportunity for intruders to spoof their MAC and use a reserved ip or delay detection by creating a reserved IP for themselves. It also makes it difficult for remote managers to verify connection of servers and other devices. I'm very close to returning my new router that is otherwise a great performer. I'm going for an update. The super people I've talked to were not even aware of this as they expect everyone to use the Omada software, and you cannot even set static IP's on that.

Options
Re:Not able to see other connected devices in the network.
2021-08-09 09:03:36

@Dbert 

Hi, it is ok to see online devices(with static IP address or not) under  device list on Deco APP when Deco is under access point mode.

But for the DHCP client list, the device with a static IP address would not be displayed since the IP address is not automatically assigned by the DHCP server.

And ER605 is our business product, for more details, it is suggested that you could join the discussion of our Business Community.

Thank you very much

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1992

Replies: 2

Related Articles