Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
90 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh system connection issues
2020-08-02 11:15:43 - last edited 2020-08-02 11:19:06

@stradivarian Not sure this helps anyone but I have my Deco M5 in access point mode using my Sky router with the WiFi turned off and it functions fine. 

It has, generally, up to 18 devices connected including the TV, Chromecasts, smart plugs as well as Android phone, Android and Apple tablets and two work laptops. 

Options
2020-08-03 04:59:58

Got the same problem aswell with Deco X60. Tvs, tablets etc need to be reconnected even if it shows connection. Paid 400+ euro only to never have network problems.

Will try to leave it back

Options
2020-08-03 07:35:18

@Sundberg 

Hello,

May I know the firmware version of your X60, and how many X60 units do you have in total?

We recently released a new firmware for the Deco X60 and here is the download link:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-x60/v1/#Firmware

This firmware can be uploaded into the Deco X60 via its web UI:
How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Note: It is suggested to restart all the Deco X60 in your network before uploading this beta firmware.

After the firmware is uploaded successfully, please monitor the performance and keep me update with the result.

If this beta firmware doesn't solve your disconnecting issue, please let me know:
1. What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet or they just quit/fail to connect?
2. What are the Deco LEDs status, are all still showing solid green? How about the display on the Deco app, are all online or disconnected?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-03 07:43:31

@stradivarian 

Hello, sorry about that.

1. What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet or they just quit/fail to connect?

2. What are the Deco LEDs status, are all still showing solid green? How about the display on the Deco app, are all online or disconnected? How far between the three Decos, are they on the same floor or on different floors?

3. Ensure your internet or modem is stable first, and only leave the main Deco is connected to the modem, check the internet connection again, will it be stable?

BTW, who is your ISP and what is the model number of the modem?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-04 06:21:16 - last edited 2020-08-04 06:22:01

@TP-Link_Deco

Internet and Modem Details:
ISP: Converge ICT (Philippines)
Modem: ZTE ZXHN F660

For mobile devices, there are times when it says on the device's wifi status that there is no connection. On desktops and laptops, status is okay but most of the times, chrome will display DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. Other problems too that I have mentioned was Microsost Teams showing disconnected, Steam App showing offline or disconnected, during in-game (Dota 2) ping was very high.

2. What are the Deco LEDs status, are all still showing solid green? How about the display on the Deco app, are all online or disconnected? How far between the three Decos, are they on the same floor or on different floors?

All of the Deco LED's are showing solid white (I believe on my M4R, that means that internet is available). On the Deco app, it will normally say that all decos are online but every now and then, it will show that Deco can't be found), probably because it was disconnected from the internet. Main Deco is located in the living room, 2nd Deco is connected thru lan cable and is 5 meters away. The 3rd Deco is connected wirelessly and is 5-7 meters away with a concrete wall in between.

3. Ensure your internet or modem is stable first, and only leave the main Deco is connected to the modem, check the internet connection again, will it be stable?

The internet is stable since I tried connecting one of my desktops directly to the modem and there seems to be no issues at all. I haven't tried disconnecting the other two and just use the main deco yet.

Update:

I've reset the whole system to factory settings and I tried to switch the main Deco with the other unit. I also turned off High Priority on all devices (I found it on one of the topics here) and I left the DNS setting to detect automatically. So far, the connection is stable and I haven't encountered any problems yet since I did the reset 3 hours ago. I will update once I faced any issues.

Options
2020-08-04 14:12:58
#Robster59 May I ask if you had to make any other changes to your router other than disabling wifi for AP mode? Also what is the speed like in AP mode? I have the M5 and the speeds are horrible both ethernet and 5ghz wifi in router mode and I am on AT&T fiber 1000. Thanks
Options
2020-08-04 18:19:51

@Robster59 Hi. I have a speed of 35Mbps at the router and I get speeds of 25-30Mbps WiFi at the hubs. Don't use backhaul as my powerline only gives about 12Mbps. On the Sky router you can't turn off the WiFi so you have to disable the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands individually in the router.

I have Fast Roaming and Beamforming enabled but that's about it.

Options
2020-08-04 23:21:10

@TP-Link_Deco 

Update:

Day 2

I am really frustrated right now. The problems came back within 24 hours. The endless loop of resetting to factory setting - it's getting okay - then problems came back is really annoying and I am getting tired of you just diagnosing and not really giving a solution. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of complaints yet no fix was done.

What is the problem with the Deco M4R and when will it be fixed?

Options
2020-08-05 01:58:48

Finally I got rid of my Deco system. Glad the store recieved it back and I'm getting a refund.

I bought a Meraki Go system a month ago.... and works perfectly. It might be that the wireless is not as fast (maybe it is), but connection is just rock solid, stable. No more reboots nor devices disconnecting, ever.

End of the Deco "experiment" for me.....

Options
2020-08-05 10:15:04

@stradivarian 

Hello, sorry about that.

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
Related Articles