How do I manage the wifi channels on my Deco M3(3pack) and seperate 2.4g with 5g???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How do I manage the wifi channels on my Deco M3(3pack) and seperate 2.4g with 5g???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-27 00:07:47 - last edited 2020-09-07 07:51:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 build 20190620 rel. 45372

How do I manage the wifi channels on my Deco M3(3pack) and seperate 2.4g with 5g??? It seems the units choose all this automatically and I DO NOT like it. I want to control what channel my devices use and would also like to seperate my what devices connect to each channel.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How do I manage the wifi channels on my Deco M3(3pack) and seperate 2.4g with 5g???-Solution
2020-02-02 06:12:03 - last edited 2020-09-07 07:51:53

@LFMSYK 

Hello, it is designed to choose wifi channel automatically based on the near network environment. While we have received some similar feedback from our en-users and have forwarded it to our product department; They are working on it and evaluate the feasibility.

As for the two wifi bands, they share the same network name and password to build up the mesh wifi system, while for some Deco products, there is an option available to turn on/off each wifi band, For those devices which do no support this feature will be added via firmware upgrade.

Thanks for your feedback again. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I manage the wifi channels on my Deco M3(3pack) and seperate 2.4g with 5g???-Solution
2020-02-02 06:12:03 - last edited 2020-09-07 07:51:53

@LFMSYK 

Hello, it is designed to choose wifi channel automatically based on the near network environment. While we have received some similar feedback from our en-users and have forwarded it to our product department; They are working on it and evaluate the feasibility.

As for the two wifi bands, they share the same network name and password to build up the mesh wifi system, while for some Deco products, there is an option available to turn on/off each wifi band, For those devices which do no support this feature will be added via firmware upgrade.

Thanks for your feedback again. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1201

Replies: 1