HTTPS for TP-Link-DDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HTTPS for TP-Link-DDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HTTPS for TP-Link-DDNS
HTTPS for TP-Link-DDNS
2020-01-27 12:44:03
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have activated TP-Link-DDNS on My Deco M4 for acces to my Data from the web and I'm forwarding ports 80 and 443. This works so far but the connection is not save. Now, for a secure HTTPS connection I would like to get an encryption certificate from let'S encrypt. However, let's encrypt does not find my domain. I've read of other users having trouble with this. I wonder how woud be the best way to get a save connection to my data from the web?

Cheers,

Thilo

Options
3 Reply
Re:HTTPS for TP-Link-DDNS
2020-01-29 16:02:09

I have now read in other threads that https is not happening at the moment. However, I'm puzzled whether there isn't any security feature at all as I would not want to expose my data to the public. Any comments?

Cheers

Thilo

Options
2021-02-04 07:26:54

Just adding a bump in hopes of getting a reply

Options
2021-02-07 09:30:11

@mchauhan3 

Hi, thank you very much for your concern about this case.

This issue is related to the self-authorized  HTTPS certificate which is not trusted by the browsers, like google chrome;

And even though there would be a security warning, the login access is pretty secure.

We have reported to the senior engineers for further improvement already.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4268

Replies: 3

Related Articles