Deco M3W AC1200 - No Connected Clients Showing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M3W AC1200 - No Connected Clients Showing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Deco M3W AC1200 - No Connected Clients Showing
2021-07-15 17:21:48 - last edited 2021-07-15 17:25:04

I have seen the same issue, just set up the X60 3 node system, works great so far (only been one week!)

My house is quite big and a newish build, the drywalls are double skinned with mesh layer inside?, great for blocking signals such as wifi?!?

Anyway the set up is

- Man X60 in living room - direct connection to FTTP (1gig)

- Second at furthest rear room 

- Third at other side rear room

Connection is strong as most of my devices are WiFi 6 but some of the "smart devices" such at plugs light etc have been little tricky to set up, got there in the end with only 2g on.

Wanted to put all the house smart devices on their own node so purchased the M3W, set up connected fine but you cannot see any information apart from "Deco Working Fine" so no ability to set this up.

The last firmware update was November 2020, we are now July 2021 with no update still??

May have to retun this and purchase anoother node at £150 and set up these devices not to roam but shame as this would have been the perfect cost effective solution 

Oh, and the M3W is slow from speed test apsect, it's not Wifi6 but even on 5g pluged in other end of the same room its half the speed?

Note: Reason for the X60 purchase is i currently have C4000 which was stated that mesh would be in firmware update which then TPL decided not to issue?

Shame as to get this point cost quite bit of cash and the C4000 is great router.

Options
2021-07-21 10:54:53
Would appreciate response or comments on the M3W, seems this is not suitable for the Deco system, with no information to be seen apart from "On Line" pretty poor
Options
2021-07-22 01:31:41

@Edd999 

Hi, Deco M3W is not a Wi-Fi 6 mesh extender, only capable of Wi-Fi 5;

When working as a wireless mesh extender, it needs to receive the data from clients and send it to the uplink Deco.

The whole process could not be completed at the same time so the final internet speed could be cut in half;

And the current firmware does not support showing the detailed information, like connected clients and the new firmware is under testing;

Options
2021-07-25 19:44:58
Understand the purpose of the extender, so why sell as an add on for the Deco system when you cannot see the connected devices as per the nodes. Also aware the extender id only WIFI 5. When if the firmware to be released, as i intend to return the item as see not useable for my application.
Options
2021-07-29 08:39:10

Is there date for the firmware, as it stands the units id not suitable for intended use and the return window is nearing

Options
2021-08-31 22:35:52

@TP-Link 

Can you please confirm that a new firmware is under development to solve this issue?

With fw version 1.0.7 connected devices still cannot be seen on the M3W and after connecting the M3W to an M4 network the Deco app also starts to act strange. I cannot set "use Mesh" for the connected devices (the switch is missing from the app altogether) and also displays wired connection to some devices that can't be wired. Powering down the M3W seems to solve the problem. I really need to decide whether to keep the unit or send it back within a few days. Thank you!

Options
2021-09-01 07:12:05

@dkHU 

Hi, firmware 1.0.7 does not support displaying the connected devices.

As for your current issues, did you mean, with Deco M3W installed, the mobile devices connected to the Deco M4 do not have the on/off switch for Mesh Technology, right?

And for some wireless clients, the connection types are Ethernet(wired)even though they are wirelessly connected to Deco?—What are these devices?

Options
2021-09-01 09:19:16 - last edited 2021-09-01 09:20:08

@TP-Link 

That is correct. 

Overall I'm in line with all concerns raised. When selling M3W extender, none of these caveats/limitations were called out. In India, there is no option to even return the device. Overall very dissatisfied with the way product is advertised. 

BTW I have Deco M5 [3 units] along with M3W extender and 'Mesh' toggle vanishes as soon as M3W comes online

Options
2021-09-01 18:03:04 - last edited 2021-09-01 18:03:42

@TP-Link 

Exactly as I wrote yesterday and as netguru confirmed. As soon as the M3W comes online, the app looses the Mesh toggle switch that's normally displayed at each connected device.

Also other strange symptoms start to occur like a smartphone connected over wifi (and working correctly) shown as "wired". And generally the M4 nodes also loose the ability to correctly display the connected devices. If I roam with e.g. my phone, the roaming seems to go fine between nodes but the app looses track of where it's connected. 

Good news is all M4 nodes seem to perform otherwise OK, original speed is kept. The M3W is not so great though, it only brings approx. half speed at the same spot compared to the M4. And this means 50 Mbps instead of 100 so nothing close to max. specs. 

Options
2021-09-01 18:09:39

@TP-Link 

One more thing about the current firmware not showing connected devices: in comment #15 you wrote that a new firmware is under testing that (based on previous conversation) should have the feature. I'd just like to know if that's still the case and when can we expect a beta release at least. Thanks for helping. 

Options