I cannot connect to main Deco node. Not able to setup the Deco P7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-28 19:20:08 - last edited 2020-01-29 15:26:15
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought a new mesh system model Deco P7 and cannot connect to main Deco. First the light was constantly yellow. After I have reset the Deco p7 unit - I got flashing blue light but I still cannot connect to the main Deco unit - the app (tried both from my phone and IPad) cannot find the unit.

When I powered off the Deco unit then it gets contantly light yellow again.

Then reset the unit - get flashing blue light - but cannot find the device with the app.

I tried the the troubleshooting suggested already on  knowledfe base but the result is the same.

What to do next - any suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:I cannot connect to main Deco node. Not able to setup the Deco P7
2020-02-02 06:41:17

@Sb1907 

Hello, the Deco won't broadcast wifi network until you finished the configuration, instead, we use bluetooth to set it up.

Try to hard reset it again and enable the bluetooth option on your cellphone, then follow the instruction below to configure it.

https://www.tp-link.com/no/support/download/deco-p7/#video

If still failed, below is the troubleshooting guidance you can refer to.

https://www.tp-link.com/no/supnoport/faq/2239/

Good day.

Options
Re:I cannot connect to main Deco node. Not able to setup the Deco P7
2020-02-02 16:47:24

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I am not able to set up the main Deco unit using the app.

When I reset the unit i get the flashing blue light for some seconds - flashing twice times and then return back fast yellow light and the app cannot find the unit.

I have tried to follow the steps in troubleshooting but was not able to configure the unit. I have also tried to connect the Deco unit to both to the modem and my existing Wifi router - in both  scenarious I have the same problem - not able to configure the unit - the app cannot find the Deco unit using Bluetooth. I have tried the app from an Android cellphone and iPad with same result

Best regards

Sb1907

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1663

Replies: 2