AX6000 keeps crashing when trying to download torrents or magnets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-29 19:06:20
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20190822 rel.26396

Good day all, 

i bought this router to replace my Archer C5400 as TP-LINK where taking forever to replace, so i thought why not upgrade and keep RMA model as backup.

So i bought the AX6000 thinking it would handle everything i would throw at it, first few days i had it, it did nothing but crash when trying to download torrents or magents, so i read the forums and started to reduce the settings for utorrent, this didn't work, so i tried the light version of utorrent and that worked for a while, after i changed the DNS settings on the router to my sky router, which for somereason worked.

So this has worked for a few weeks and it is back to crashing again when downloading any torrents

My setup is simple

Sky router acts as gateway and the AX6000 acts as main router which handles my setup for DHCP, wireless etc.

I then use Nordvpn on my PC to connect and access torrents etc

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX6000 keeps crashing when trying to download torrents or magnets
2021-07-04 18:10:04

@Arash I see you haven't had much luck in terms of responses, but I've noticed the same thing on my AX6000. I'm a fairly new user to TP-Link and am in the beginning stages of troubleshooting this issue, but it definitely seems like whenever I've got a few torrents going my whole network slows to a crawl and eventually crashes.

Options
Re:AX6000 keeps crashing when trying to download torrents or magnets
2021-07-06 03:04:29

@Husband 

Hello, can we have a video short about this crash issue when there are a few torrents in the network? How is the AX6000 connected to the network, is it the main router?

Who is your ISP, and what kind of modem are you using?

Options