AC750 (RE200) Wi-Fi Range Extender -> Mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-30 22:56:27

I have two Tp-Link AC750 (RE200) Wi-Fi Range Extenders, that already supports OneMesh technology, and my question is:
Is it possible to connect both to create a mesh network (using OneMesh)?

My main router is not a Tp-Link router. So, the ideia would be connect to the main router one extender in AP mode and then, connect all the devices to the AP, including the second extender. Is it a possible solution or in the AP mode can't add OneMesh devices (in this case, the 2nd extender)?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC750 (RE200) Wi-Fi Range Extender -> Mesh network
2020-02-02 10:53:29

@jorgemiguelex 

Hello, for your information, at least one router and one network expansion device which support Onemesh feature are needed to build up a Onemesh network. Multiple network expansion devices can be added into the Onemesh network. And the RE200 supports Onemesh in regular range extender mode only.

In other word, to create a Onemesh network, a TP-Link router and a TP-Link range extender are required. Therefore, two range extenders are not enough to create a mesh network.

May it help.

Options