Problem arising after prolonged streaming.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-31 13:44:28
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My unit stops working after prolonged streaming.  Only way to get it working again is to reboot.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem arising after prolonged streaming.
2020-02-11 10:50:16

@Brayman 

Hello, what about other network activities? Like browsing or downloadling?

With your device connected to the main router, do you have the same issue after prolonged streaimg?

You can enable QoS and give streaming higher priority on the main router if it supports.

Besides, please ensure that the firmware version of the TL-WA801ND is the latest one.

Good day.

Options
2020-02-11 15:55:52

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your response.  All Wi-Fi activity stops from the TL-WA801ND which is connected to a Virgin Media Hub 3 Modem via TP-LINK TL-SG1024D. The Virgin Media hub works fine both Wi-Fi and LAN.  I have never done anything with the TL-WA801ND which is about 10 years old.  It was installed by the company who installed the LAN and no Manual or instructions were supplied.

Options
2020-02-13 08:27:15

@Brayman 

Hello, thanks for your information.

We need narrow down this issue.

1. Please connect the TL-WA801ND to the virgin media hub directly, bypass the TP-Link switch and then use your device to stream and verify whether you can duplicate this issue.

2. Connect your device to the Vrigin media hub directly and try to stream to test whether it works.

If both work well, I'm afraid that there is not much we can do on this ten-year old access point. It may be aged due to the long time usage, you can order a new access point instead.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 3