Can't access settings panel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-31 19:29:21 - last edited 2020-03-16 11:05:21
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

My new TP-link is well connected with my Wired Router, and i can make a connection on my laptop to the default SSID with the default password. Internet is working. But i cant open the settings-panel using tplinkap.net or 192.168.0.254. The TP-link gave me the IP-adres 163.158.9.211 via DHCP. My default gateway is 163.158.0.1, but also that ip doesn't lead to the settings-panel when I enter it in a webbrowser. 

Also I tried to do it wired, my laptop connected to the new TP-link...

I tried several phones but they won't connect to the TP-link at all, after the password check they can't obtain a IP-adres...

Best regards, Jaap

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't access settings panel-Solution
2020-02-02 07:41:17 - last edited 2020-03-16 11:05:21

@Jaap 

Hello Jaap, the TL-WA801ND is an access point, no wireless router;

Theoretically, the device connected to the TL-WA801ND gets private IP address only which is assigned by the wired router. But from the IP address obtained by your device, it is a public IP address; does the wired router work as a DHCP server?

And you can verify whether multiple devices can access internet from TL-WA801ND at the same time; I'm afraid that the wired router is a pure modem only.

If it is the pure modem, you need get a wireless router to make devices access internet; and the TL-WA801ND can be used to boost wifi signal.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't access settings panel-Solution
2020-02-02 07:41:17 - last edited 2020-03-16 11:05:21

@Jaap 

Hello Jaap, the TL-WA801ND is an access point, no wireless router;

Theoretically, the device connected to the TL-WA801ND gets private IP address only which is assigned by the wired router. But from the IP address obtained by your device, it is a public IP address; does the wired router work as a DHCP server?

And you can verify whether multiple devices can access internet from TL-WA801ND at the same time; I'm afraid that the wired router is a pure modem only.

If it is the pure modem, you need get a wireless router to make devices access internet; and the TL-WA801ND can be used to boost wifi signal.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't access settings panel
2020-02-02 11:27:53

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, I think you're right and I got a pure modem and I made a mistake and bought an access point instead of a router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1875

Replies: 2