Lost internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lost internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Lost internet connection
Lost internet connection
2020-02-03 16:27:58
Model: TL-WR841HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have a wr841hp V2 router configured on the WAN port as DCHP and connected to a WiFi antenna from my ISP.
Every time the power goes out I lose the Internet connection and the only way to get it back is to restart the router. Not even making a release of the WAN IP address I get connection again.
Coincidentally a few months ago I changed my ISP (and antenna) and I have the same problem.
Can someone guide me in the solution? Can I reboot remotely to do it every time I lose connection?
Thank you!

Martin

Options
1 Reply
Re:Lost internet connection
2020-02-07 08:38:17

@mmiraglia 

Hi Martin, may I know who is your internet service provider? And what is the current network diagram?

What is the led status of the TL-WR841HP when it stops working? Can you get internet from the modem directly, bypass the router?

In the meantime, please connect your computer to the TL-WR841HP and log into the web UI of the main router and show us a screenshot of the status page.

Besides, if the computer works well with it connected to the modem directly, you can connect it back to the router and clone the mac address.

Please ensure that the firmware of the router is up to date also.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 502

Replies: 1

Related Articles