Can I attach a wifi extender on different electric circuit to my existing power line extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I attach a wifi extender on different electric circuit to my existing power line extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-03 19:07:35
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an existing Av600 powerline extender which works fine.  I have built an room extension but unfortunately it is on a different electrical circuit to the powerline.  I have placed an AV600 close to the new room and would now like to boost the signal in the new room by attaching another wifi only extender. Is that possible and if so, hwhich product do i 

need and how do i set up.  Thanks in advance for helping

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I attach a wifi extender on different electric circuit to my existing power line extender?
2020-02-07 14:43:43

@Ashley1 

Hello, it is suggested to locate the powerlie adapter sunder the same power circuit to ensure the performance. So it is not suggested to locate a new powerline adapter on a different circuit due to the powerline interference.

If you want to boost a signal to the new room, you can order a range extender, which will connect to the existing network by wireless.

May it help.

Options
Re:Can I attach a wifi extender on different electric circuit to my existing power line extender?
2020-02-07 16:58:18

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the input Kevin.  Would the TP RE220 extender work for this purpose?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6438

Replies: 2