Stuck on "obtaining up address"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-03 21:16:35 - last edited 2020-02-03 21:26:17
Model: Range Extender  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Model :AC750 dual band extender

Purchased today and set it up but when I try to connect to it on my phone, it simply loads on obtaining ip address. No other devices have managed to connect although my laptop did connect to the 5hz connection but that doesn't show up on other devices.

I bought this to replace my bt extender which was not working but this seems to be facing problems too...

I've connected multiple times using the app and the website. Using wps doesn't seem to work. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: i used the troubleshooter on my computer and that resolved the IP issue; changed my phone wifi settings to make it static and it says 'connected,  no internet'

Options
1 Reply
Re:Stuck on "obtaining up address"
2020-02-05 14:11:22

@99sobi 

Hello, what is the model number of the AC750? It starts with RE, you can find it on the back panel of the actual device.

With computer or cellphone connected to the AC750, you need log into the web UI to configure it with the main router's wifi password.

Below is an instruction you can refer to.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1400/

If still the same, please tell me the led status of the AC750 and the model number of main router.

May it help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1601

Replies: 1

Related Articles