Problems to connect to Ext. Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-05 21:54:49 - last edited 2020-02-05 21:58:39
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Once I set up the range extender I had no issue connecting to the extended WiFi on both my phone and another one. A couple hours later on a third phone it just wouldn't connect, getting stuck on the "obtaining IP address". It disconnected from my phone because I left the house and when I tried to reconnect it did the same thing. Even after restarting my phone twice I ended up having to "forget" the original WiFi as well so my phone wouldn't try to connect to the other router. It always result in "IP configuration failure" or something of the sort I can't quite remember well.

This was yesterday, and today it's happening again. I know it is not my phone because as I said it is happening on other devices. Any clue to why this could be happening? It also is really annoying since it won't let me access the settings of the range extender because of the lack of connection.

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems to connect to Ext. Wifi
2020-02-07 14:29:45

@paula_gl 

Hello, is it always the third phone the same issue?

Please ensure that the firmware of the TL-WA850RE is the latest one.

You can customize the wireless settings of the main router to give it a go, like wireless channel and channel width.

Besides, you can rename a different SSID for the TL-WA850RE and verify whether you still the same issue.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 1

Related Articles