Help needed - Archer A10 with TPG Fixed Wireless NBN configuration issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-07 00:25:08
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have not been able to succesfully connect the A10 to the internet, if anyone has any ideas or experience with the same router and ISP would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted both TPG and TP-Link with not much luck, and I am still unsure after speaking with both parties and searching knowledge bases like this one, if my A10 is compatable? I have configured the user name and pw,  ISP is PPPoE and Auth to PAP, thats as far as TPG were willing to assist. Cable connection is from the NBN box to the A10's internet terminal, all indicator leds are on and internet light is showing orange. I have used the web based utilty and Tether app to try and configure and changed a few setting, trying to mirror the old Huawei HG658 settings, however I have limited knowledge on these devices and could do with some assistance please ............... Thanks in advance, cheers Mark

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help needed - Archer A10 with TPG Fixed Wireless NBN configuration issue
2020-02-07 07:53:17

@XR-ATE 

Hello Mark, you need configure it with the parameters given by TPG to make it work.

You can contact TPG one more time to confirm the username and password to configure the Archer A10 and ask them whether the VLAN ID should be enabled.

Or you can hard reset the Archer A10 by holding the reset button/hole for 10s with the router powered on, and then connect your computer to the LAN port and create the PPPoE connection on the computer itself to verify whether it works. Below is the instruction.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/921/

If it does not work either, it means that it has something wrong with the parameters given by ISP. You can change another set of username and password to give it a go.

May it help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 878

Replies: 1