Ethernet connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-07 08:16:58
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi,I have a problem connecting my phillips 55pus7504/12 smart tv to a wired connection on TL-WR940n router it holds connection temporarily then tv says turn on router and connect cable, router is always on and cable connected, No problem using wifi on router, I also use a tp link 6580 for wifi as a stronger signal when tv connected to range extender have no problem of losing wired connection to tv.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet connection problem
2020-02-07 08:33:14

@sarum 

Hello, with computer connected to the TL-WR940N by wired cable, does it work properly?

Have you ever tried to change another ethernet port or ethernet cable?

Please check the IP address obtained by the smart TV when it is connected to the router by wired cable, even there is the notification pops up.

Besides, you can contact the tech support of the TV to get some help.

Good day.

Options
Re:Ethernet connection problem
2020-02-07 09:41:44

@sarum Hi, Perhaps I should have explained more fully,Range extender android smart box have been connected for nine months Laptop when connected all work perfectly and never lose connection, Have tried all four ports on TL-WR940N all the same drop connection, Reset tv as thoughrt could be software issue but lost connection again, Have connected to TP LINK 6580 for one week and no problems not lost connection once, Have tried different cables but cable works on extender but not on router?modem,you said could be a problem with tv but why does it work perfectly on extender but not on router?     

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2210

Replies: 2

Related Articles