Archer C60 keeps rebooting connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-08 06:05:28 - last edited 2020-10-22 06:19:58
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, i bought about 2 months ago a Archer c60, and i´m using it to route wifi over my home.

Router is connected at my ISP router, i´ve tried changing the dns to google´s, but still no luck.. it reboots connection randomly.

Did anyone had this problem and mayba have it fixed?? 

Tks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C60 keeps rebooting connection-Solution
2020-10-22 06:19:52 - last edited 2020-10-22 06:19:58

@pkv_15   @BADRIH   @Dash   @nicolass 

Hello all, apologies for the late reply, and thanks for reporting the issue.

Please provide some details about the reboot issue, only describe as router reboots may help little, as we are not sure how are you using the router and what may cause it to reboot. We will try to investigate and offer a solution ASAP:

1. When the router reboots, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? How long does this process take?

2. May I have your network layout, how is the C60 connected to your network? Are there any other range extenders or switch in the network? If yes, try to remove it first and confirm again.

3. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C60 WAN or PPPoE? 

4. How many devices are connected to C60, wired, and wirelessly? What are they? Is there any new device connected to the C60 network recently when the C60 begins to reboot? Or did you upgrade any system in the network before this issue happen?

5. Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the C60 to restart, such as high loading or real-time calls? 

6. Is it the original power adapter on the C60? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable?

7. Does this issue happen when you purchased it or happens recently? Try to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again.

Recommended Solution
Options
17 Reply
Re:Archer C60 keeps rebooting connection
2020-02-11 08:25:35

@WagnerFCruz 

Hello, we will do some troubleshooting first to locate this issue and try to fix it.

1. What is the led status of the Archer C60 when it reboots itself? Or is there any other specific symptom?

2. What is the current hardware and firmware version of the Archer C60? And what is the current operation mode? Is it the router mode or the access point?

3. Try to hard reset it manually and reconfigure it, after that, please verify whether it works well.

Good day.

Options
2020-02-11 11:09:04

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

i´m not at home right now so i can´t answer all questions, but, the internet indicator led changes from green to orange.

I´ll have to check the firmware version when i get home. And i didn´t tried to reset and re-configure it again.

Tks.

Options
2020-02-25 08:25:27 - last edited 2020-11-16 07:59:53

@WagnerFCruz 

How connect to my TP-Link Router?

Basic Setup

1. Use an Ethernet cable to attach a modem or active data jack to the blue Ethernet port on your TP-Link router.
  2. Plug in the router and power on using the Power On/Off switch on the back of the device.
  3. Connect to the wireless network broadcasted by the router.
  4. In your web browser, navigate to tplinkwifi.net.

Gigabit Router

A WiFi Gigabit Router is a Router that features a built-in switch that is capable of Gigabit Ethernet speeds. Gigabit Ethernet (GbE or 1 GigE) supports data transmission rates up to 1000Mbps over a network cable compared to a fast Ethernet connection which peaks at 100Mbps.

Setup of Archer c7

Open your Internet browser, and input [http://192.168.0.1] using the address bar and press [Enter]. Enter [admin] as the default username and password, click [OK] Page 6 4 HKBN_SETUP_ROUTER_TPLINK_ENG_230315 Connecting to TP-LINK Router 2 Connecting to TP-LINK Router Click [Next] to run Quick Setup.

Difference between the router and a modem

The difference between a modem and a router is that a modem connects to the internet, while a router connects devices to Wi-Fi. It's easy to get the two devices mixed up if your internet service provider (ISP) rents both to you as part of an internet package.

Setup my wireless router

1. Step 1: Place your wireless router.
  2. Step 2: Configure your wireless router gateway.
  3. Step 3: Connect your gateway to your new router.
  4. Step 4: Change your wireless router's admin password.
  5. Step 5: Update the router's firmware.
  6. Step 6: Establish a password for your Wi-Fi network.
  7. Step 7: Enjoy your Wi-Fi network

Set up of router and modem

Steps

1. Connect the proper internet cable to the wall outlet.
  2. Connect the other of the internet wire to your modem.
  3. Connect the modem's power cord to your modem. 
  4. Plug the modem's power cord into a nearby electrical outlet.
  5. Power on your modem.
  6. Connect an Ethernet cable to the "Ethernet" port on your modem.

Get Acess Archer c7 router

Access to the user interface

1. Turn on the er.
  2. Establish a connection between the device and the router via network cable or Wi-Fi*
  3. Open a b browser.
  4. Enter the address or URL in the address line and confirm with the er' button.
  5. Enter the name and password in the open interface and confirm once more.

I hope you like and understood this information!

Options
2020-03-21 11:57:01

Hi

I have the very same problem for a week now, my archer c60 keeps rebooting every few minutes,

all the lights go off except the power light which starts blinking and the modem restarts

can you provide any fix for it?

Options
2020-04-17 15:54:13

@WagnerFCruz 

I am facing the same issue since last couple of days. It reboots suddenly without any reason. Here is my configuratoin

I did update the firmware didn't help.

Firmware version: 1.2.1 Build 20200110 rel.60119(4555)

Hardware version: Archer C6 v2.0

Options
2020-05-20 11:09:54
Same issue with the AC1200 C6 archer installed as an access point - it keeps rebooting every 10 minutes. Please can you indicate should be done. Thanks.
Options
2020-05-31 18:38:36
Exactly the same issue. Disappointed as k have to restart the router every time this happens.
Options
2020-06-01 18:04:48

Hi all

sorry i didn´t came back for all this time for an update...

but, things are still pretty much the same, it still keeps losing connection from time to time.

Back then when i began to notice this, it happened at night when i was playing online, but since the pandemic started and i moved to work from home i could notice this happening several times during the day.

One strange thing is, when i came here to complain about it, i´ve found a comment in the internet saying to switch ports from my internet provider router (i have ADSL cabled), when i did this, it looked like it solved the problem, at least when i was playing online at night.

But then, pandemic came and the issue also came with it agaín.

I´ll look for to see if there´s another firmware update and try to re-configure the router, but, this is still annoying specially now that i relly need a stable connnection because of my work.

Tks!!

Options
2020-06-01 18:07:47

@abider i´m sorry i didn´t answer you before but, in my case all lights are on, only the one that represents the cable connection to my ISP changes from green (connected) to orange (disconnected/re-connecting).

And i still didn´t have the slightest idea on why this happens.

Options
2020-06-12 15:53:34

@WagnerFCruz 

Same problem it keeps randomly rebooting

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5432

Replies: 17

Related Articles