Half speed on Archer TE6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Half speed on Archer TE6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Half speed on Archer TE6
Half speed on Archer TE6
2020-02-10 18:42:48
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, I recently bought this and every speed test its 110mbts which is half my speed. Any other device does 220mbts. When I go to properties can't choose ac as a prefered option. I'm running windows 10. Speed between the router and adapter shows 866.5mbps tried multiple drivers from the chipset, public and when I install the utility app it shows about 85% signal strength but when that is installed 5ghz connection don't show up so I had to uninstall it. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Half speed on Archer TE6
2020-02-11 11:08:56

@Agbrak 

Hello, may I know how far away between the Windows 10 PC and the Archer T6E?

What is the current hardware version of the T6E? You can find it on the box package.

Besides, have you ever tried to change another PCI-e slot or move it closer to the main router to test the speed?

Good day.

Options
2020-02-12 01:15:17

@Kevin_Z Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Between PC with Archer T6E and router about 12 (same room) feet nothing between them a straight line and the only thing similar to hardware version I can see it's "Ver: 1.8". I did try changing PCI slots and same thing, max d/l speed is 110mbts vs other devices between 200-300mbts. I haven't tried putting it close to router since I have to move some things, but 12 feet shouldn't be a problem.

Options
2020-03-13 03:46:23

@Agbrak 

Hello, you can try to change the router's 2.4G channel to 1,6 or 11, channel width( bandwidth) to 40Mhz, change the 5G channel to 36, 44 or 48, channel width to 80Mhz, then test the speed.

If it still slow, please uninstall the driver, click here to download the new driver and refer to the instruction below to install it. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 704

Replies: 3