M5 - slow on mobiles - fast on laptop - why?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-11 08:33:37 - last edited 2020-02-11 11:13:23
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

I have a problem with my M5 (3 units) - the Wifi speed is normal on the laptop, but slow on phones unless you are very close to the unit that is close to the router. This effects all mobiles, Android, iOS, iPad. 

Why is that and what can I do about it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:M5 - slow on mobiles - fast on laptop - why?
2020-02-12 02:09:17

@xipunk 

Hello, generally speaking, the wireless negotiation speed between the Deco and clients will affect the actual speed, and the wireless negotiation depends on the network adapters; and the built-in network adapter on the laptop is more strong, usually they are gigabit.

With laptop connected to the Deco, you can click here to get the negotiation speed.

And you can check the wireless negotiation speed on your mobile device. You can go to wireless settings page on your Android cellphone with it connected to the Deco's wifi.

May it help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 727

Replies: 1

Related Articles