PC can't connect to internet using range extender TL WA854RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-11 20:50:55
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

hi guys, i want to ask if there is someone had the same problem as i have.

my wifi connection is not reaching my room so i bought TL WA854RE as an extender for my connection

the connection is good to reach my room with a strong signal. the problem is my computer can't connect to the internet after successfully connected to the extender. it always get tentative ip address. even if it connected, after 5 minutes it gets tentative ip address again. and the PC is the only one facing this problem. other devices like laptop, and smartphones can connect effortlessly. 

i use TL-WN881ND as wifi adapter and TL-WA854RE as range extender and windows 10 Pro operating system

i tried so many ways to fix this problem such as :

• restarting the extender and the router
  • rebooting the extender
  • resetting pc network 
  • using same SSID as the router
  • turning off DHCP in extender
  • getting the latest driver/firmware both on extender and wifi adapter
  • even i reinstalling my windows

my question is what caused my pc cant connect to internet via range extender and how to fix this problem?

i am searching everywhere to solve this problem and getting desperate for a solution, so kindly pls anyone who knows can help me with my problem,

thank you

Options
13 Reply
Re:PC can't connect to internet using range extender TL WA854RE
2020-02-12 01:48:04

@farisfaris_ The easy way is set a static IP on your PC, the PC should be in the LAN IP range.

Options
2020-02-12 02:00:59

Selin wrote

@farisfaris_ The easy way is set a static IP on your PC, the PC should be in the LAN IP range.

@Selin i've tried to set that but still not working

Options
2020-02-12 02:54:22

@farisfaris_ You have the IP, gateway and also DNS server on your PC?

How about the IP, gateway/DNS on your router? And the settings on your PC? Sent me pictures and I can help you check that.

And also provide a status page on 854RE. The hardware and firmware version ?

Options
2020-02-13 03:30:21

Selin wrote

@farisfaris_ You have the IP, gateway and also DNS server on your PC?

How about the IP, gateway/DNS on your router? And the settings on your PC? Sent me pictures and I can help you check that.

And also provide a status page on 854RE. The hardware and firmware version ?

@Selin 

this is the first phase the connection loses the ip address, then it goes to auto configuration (APIPA ip address)

i cant access the router since it locked by the ISP..

the firmware in RE is the newest one.., i tried to disable the DHCP in  the extender but it didnt work.

Options
2020-02-14 09:08:14

@farisfaris_ 

Thanks for your information.

To help you to fix it, our engineer has emailed you.

Please check your inbox and reply them so that you can figure it out.

Good day.

Options
2020-02-19 14:54:24

@farisfaris_ 

Hello!

I have the same problem with the RE300 model.

I have two laptops. Sometimes the connection goes to "no internet" status. Although it's been up and running for hours. On both laptops and at random.  Once this happens, it's only solved by unplugging the extender.
It's also happened to me with only one laptop turned on. When I turn on the other one, if I reconnect on the laptop where it gives the error is solved.

When that happens I can't connect to the Extender's configuration page either. It tells me to connect to the network of the extender (to which I am already connected) or to do it through the smartphone.

I have 10 widows installed on both laptops.

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-02-20 07:32:05

@Jose_Maria 

Hello. From your description, your problem is different from the original one. The poster cannot access internet from the extender even though he has configured it already; while yours is that the connection is unstable. 

We will do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to figure it out. 

1. What is the led status of the RE300 when you lost connection.

2. With laptop connected to the RE300 but no internet access, please click here to get the IP address and gateway. Try to ping the gateway of main router and show us the results. 

3. Please ensure that the firmware of the RE300 is up to date; and you can move it closer to the main router to test the stability.

4. Besides, may I know what is the model number of your main router? 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-04-30 16:25:37

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I already have the data you're asking for. I attach three files

- Pulse connection: the ip that gives me the connection to a program called 'pulse' with which I connect to the internal network of my work.

- Wifi connection: the ip that gives me the wifi connection to the extender

- Router: the router model information

I have the latest version of the wifi extender installed.

On the router I have disabled the 5G connection. I only have it enabled in the extender.
The problem I have is that the 5G connection that the extender manages is often switched off and on. And sometimes, it gets disconnected from the internet. The 5g connection and the normal 2g connection. In that case, all the lights on the extender are on and I have to unplug and plug it back in to restart the connections.

Many thanks,

Regards

Options
2020-05-10 11:41:35

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin or who can please help me out, 

I think I am experiencing the same problem as above. In my case, I've always been connected to my TP Link WiFi extender with no problems until a few days ago when my laptop suddenly stopped receiving data from it . My phone gets connected without any problems but not my laptop which is a real pain especially these days when working from home. 

Things I've tried: plugged, unplugged the extender, reset and connected the extender to the main one, applied the tutorials using cmd to reset the ipv4 and ipv6, reset tcp, windsock reset all, activated the obtain an IP address automatically for both ipv4 and ipv6 in the WiFi properties, disabled the current WiFi, deactivated the firewall and reactivating..... But to no avail! 

Please help! 

Options
2020-05-11 05:27:00 - last edited 2020-05-11 07:14:53

@O.mnd 

Hi @Kevin_Z 

I post again because i can't view the images.

The router is the one the telecom company, Movistar, gave me.

Thanks!

Options