New install - working, but unable to connect to some devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-12 20:22:16
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hello,

I have:

Inernet - Broadband router (192.168.0.254 255.255.255.0) - Deco M5 (192.168.68.1 255.255.255.0, DHCP server) - Deco M5 - Deco M5 - TP-LInk router via WDS bridging (DHCP disabled) - 2 x IP cameras (connected via DHCP)

The firmware is the latest and there is internet access from the Deco subnet so all seems to be OK, but...

• If I connect my iPhone to the Deco network I can see one camera but as I don't know the IP address of the other camera I can't connect to it.
  • If I connect my iPhone to the Deco network I can't connect to the WIFI printer on the first subnet
  • If I add the WIFI printer to the Deco network it works fine but how will devices on the first subnet reach it?
  • If i test from the first subnet using a PC or laptop, I can't ping devices on the Deco network, so how can I identify all devices connected to it?

So although the Deco subnet has internet access I don't understand how devices on the two subnets reach each other.

Anyway are to explain?

Options
3 Reply
Re:New install - working, but unable to connect to some devices
2020-02-13 02:35:31

@Redspan 

Thanks for your information.

From your description, the current situation is normal. Both broadband router and Deco M5 work as the regular router and they are in the different subnet; due to the NAT, devices cannot access each other between two different subnets. That is why you cannot find the printer on the first subnet and cannot ping the devices on the first subnet from Deco M5.

You can connect the wifi printer to the Deco network, and if the devices in the first subnet want to access it, you can open the port for it on the Deco app. You can contact the tech support of the printer to get the information needed to open the port.

And if the camera connects to the Deco via DHCP, you can find their IP addresses on the Deco app. You can see them under the online devices list.

May it help.

Options
2020-02-13 06:37:52

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the response.  I will do some more checks and test to ensure I can print from devices on both subnets and to see if I can reach the second camera.

Options
2020-02-14 02:32:29

@Redspan 

Definitely sure, please be free to take your time to do the tests.

Be free to let me know if you have any further problem.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 646

Replies: 3

Related Articles