Archer A7 - Manual wifi channel selection???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-13 00:49:31 - last edited 2020-02-14 08:36:07
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build20190810

Hi there - is it possible to manually select the wifi channels for the Archer A7??? There is NO option in the Advanced and Wifi Settings. The auto selected channel for 2.4Ghz is set to channel 10- just about the busiest channel in the local neighbourhood - hence my frustration! I would have thought is was a most basic and important thing to change on any router. May be I am missing something obvious here? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A7 - Manual wifi channel selection???-Solution
2020-02-13 09:25:28 - last edited 2020-02-14 08:36:07

@BigBugby I've contacted TP Link support and you have to take off the Smart Connection option to change the wifi channels manually. Hope this helps any pother customers coming across same issue. 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer A7 - Manual wifi channel selection???
2020-02-13 03:48:07

@BigBugby 

Hello, you can customize the wireless settings manually.

You can login to the web UI of the Archer A7 and go to wireless settings page to choose wireless channel manually.

Good day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-13 08:34:01

Hi Kevin

I have already done that as per TP Link instructions but there is no option to change channels in the Advanced Wireless Settings??

Any help greatly appreciated

Options
Re:Archer A7 - Manual wifi channel selection???-Solution
2020-02-13 09:25:28 - last edited 2020-02-14 08:36:07

@BigBugby I've contacted TP Link support and you have to take off the Smart Connection option to change the wifi channels manually. Hope this helps any pother customers coming across same issue. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-14 08:32:10

@BigBugby 

Thanks for your updates. Glad to hear that you figured it out.

And yes, with smart connect enabled, the wireless channel cannot be customized manually anymore. Instead, it will decide the channel based on the actual network environment.

Thanks for your sharing again. It helps a lot.

Good day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-11-14 16:23:17

@BigBugby Reviewed comments and following few videos but there are no options available for archer A7 v5 to change the channel even when smart connect is not on.

Options
2021-11-17 02:46:41

@Ameet 

Hello, is the model of the TP-Link router also Archer A7? Be sure you have updated the router firmware to the latest. You can find the latest firmware on the local website:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-a7/#Firmware

If there is still no option to change the wireless channel on the web GUI, please post a screenshot of the wireless basic settings, we can confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8529

Replies: 6

Related Articles