Block a certain app for a specific timeinterval per day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-14 07:48:05
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.10

Hi,

I would like to block e.g. netflix from 7 am till 5 pm on weekdays for certain users (parental control). is that possible?

additionally it would be nice if required that I could easily switch it on again.

I can't gt it going via the app.

kind regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:Block a certain app for a specific timeinterval per day
2020-02-17 02:42:59

@helw 

Hello, you can use parental control to satisfy your needs. 

Below is the instruction to set it up on the Deco app; you can add the websites like netflix into the blacklist.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1598/

You can read this article to get more information about parental control. 

May it help. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-17 17:49:34

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the reply but it does totally not answer my question.

What I want to achieve is that for some users (that I can manage) I want to block a certain app/website: www.netflix.com, (that I can manage) for a certain time interval on certain days: eg. mon-fri from 7 a.m. till 7 p.m. (that I cannot manage).

Question: is there a way to do so? 

What I do now is use the Adult WITH netflix and Teenager WITHOUT neflix and assign these profiles to the kids on certain times at certain days. Very cumbersome, a poor mans solution.

please help,

kind regards

Jeroen

Options
2020-02-19 02:56:38

@helw 

Hello, for those devices you want to block, like what you do now, create a profile and choose the filter level as the owners' ages and then tab APPs/websites and add Netflix into it. 

As for time control settings, you can use Time limits to limit the internet access time; meanwhile, you can enter the time period you allow these devices to access internet on bedtime page. eg: from 7am to 7pm. 

And then you can add the devices into the profile. 

For those devices you do not want to block their internet access, you do not have to add them into the parental control profile. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 879

Replies: 3

Related Articles