Can't log in to RE200 v2 web interface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-16 16:56:22 - last edited 2020-02-16 18:45:36
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2018-11-19

Since a few weeks I'm not able to log into the web interface of my RE200 anymore.

I can still use the Tether app to configure it, but the web interface is bugged. I've factory reset the device multiple times, I've tried accessing the web interface after setting the operation to access point as well, but I can't get past the log in mask.

As soon as I type in the password, the request gets canceled after 10 seconds and after that the web interface is not reachable anymore, the browser will load infinitely.

I can still access it through the Tether app, but to get access to the web interface I have to reboot the device, but still can't log in.

I tested Chrome 80, current Edge, IE11 and Firefox 73, same behavior on every browser.

So what is happening here?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't log in to RE200 v2 web interface
2020-02-17 11:05:51

@shawly 

Hello, what is the current operation mode of the RE200? Is it access point or range extender? 

How did you log into the web UI of the RE200? With the IP address or the domain name? Try to log into the web UI of the main router to get the IP address of the RE200 and log in again.

If still the same, please shot a short video and send it to us as an attachment.

Besides, you can hard reset it to re-login; and may I know why do you need log into the web UI? 

Thanks in advance. 

Options
2020-02-17 11:56:46

Operation Mode: Range Extender

I logged in via the IP address.

Why do you need a video when I described the problem accurately?

1. I type in the IP address in my browser bar.

2. The log in mask of the web interface shows up.

3. I type in the password I used in the setup of the Tether app.

4. Login button greys out

5. After 10 seconds the login button is clickable again, but won't work since the web server of the device seemed to crash or hang up.

6. Reloading the page runs into a timeout and the web interface is not reachable anymore, even after 24 hours, only rebooting the device works, but since log in is not possible it's fruitless

Opening the web dev console of chrome and looking at the network I can see that the request that has been sent to the login endpoint has been canceled after 10 seconds.

Same thing happens on a hard reset when it asks for me to assign a password to the device.

Reason I want to use the web interface is simply that I don't like having useless random third party apps on my phone to setup stuff and the Tether app also doesn't allow me to upgrade the firmware.

Options
2020-02-18 08:35:56

@shawly 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

Considering reboot/reset cannot fix it with multiple browsers, we would like to follow up your case via email and do further analysis to figure it out.

If it is okay for you, please check your inbox and get in touch with us. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-25 18:31:49 - last edited 2020-04-25 20:39:08

So now I've found out that the problem with stuttering video streams and random wifi dropouts in my kitchen is caused by the RE200.

I've unplugged it and the wifi drastically improved.

I still can't access the web interface and I don't want you or anybody to access my PC via Teamviewer, I've given enough info and the device clearly has some defect.

Since I can't access the webinterface I also can't reinstall the firmware because the Tether app doesn't allow uploading firmwares.

Here is a screenshot of the requests: https://imgur.com/wU6JKz1

Notice that the last two GET requests don't go through?

Probably some of these requests overload the uhttp server on the device and it crashes. But since I can't even upload any debug firmware there is no way to know what is actually happening, but I'm pretty sure that the last firmware you guys released basically killed the functionality of the web server.

Edit: So I've been sending requests to the /cgi-bin/luci endpoint several times and the server does not freeze, but as soon as I request any file from /webpages the web server sooner or later freezes. Ok as soon as I try to access /webpages/themes/green/img/icons2.png the server freezes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1592

Replies: 4