Archer C5400 v2 no download speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-16 17:52:03
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20190411

Hi

Archer C5400 v2, FW 1.2.5 Build 20190411 rel.52981(4555)

Connection plan is 500/30

Using mutliple PCs and devices all supporting 1Gbit wired connection or at least more than 500mbit

After working just fine for about 2 years, the router started to completely lose download speed via wired connection and goes about half speed on wireless. Upload seems unnaffected weirdly enough. No matter what i tried - reboots, restarts, factory reset, change ports, use an Intel Pro/1000 PT dual port adapter instead of the onboard ethernet connectors, new cat6 cables, nothing helps, sometimes after some of these changes the speed comes back up to about  220-250mbit, but in matter of minutes goes back to like 1mbit ...

Cant say if this would tie to some of the firmware upgrades, but since a roll abck seems to be impossible i cant try that.

Needles to say connecting directly to my modem from the ISP gives me the full 500/30 both wired or wireless.

I've seen countless similar threads in this forum, but didnt manage to find and actual solution. Is there an actual working firmware or is TP-Link just abandoning customers? I mean this is not an entry level product, one would expect more...

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 v2 no download speed
2020-02-17 08:19:38

@fmmod 

Thanks for your information.

You mentioned that the router completely lose wired download speed, which is a little weird; could you please connect your computer to the C5400 by wired cable directly and run the speed test? Please show us a screenshot of the result. 

In the meantime, please click here to get the wired negotiation speed. 

Please show us a screenshot of the wireless speed test result as well. 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-02-18 19:15:45 - last edited 2020-02-18 19:16:06

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin_Z, thanks for the feedback.

LAN and WAN conections

Speedtest screenshots - LAN

First is an example when it completely breaks down. the second and third are what it looks like now, ie half speed

THis is Wireless speedtest

And last here is speedtest when i connect directly via wire to the router modem/router provided by my ISP. i ahve the same on wireless...

Besides the really weird hiccups when it completely loses download speed on LAN (doesnt happen on WAN, just half speed there) the behavior is the same as described many times in these forums. When you reset the router or just pull the plug for a few hours, it comes back full speed and but in a while the speed drops to half and my case sometimes completely.

Btw here is also a speedtest history directly via the router...

Let me know if you need to know more details

Thanks

Options
2020-02-20 22:31:34

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, any advice?

Options
2020-02-21 05:57:10

@fmmod 

Hi, thanks for your valued reply. 

We have released a firmware which you can install and take some time to test its performance. 

Our engineer will email you the download link, please check your inbox later. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-05-31 03:04:09

@Kevin_Z 

unfortunately I am dealing with what seems to be the same exact issue. Been running great since last fall all up to date with firmware and having identical issues. :( is there some new firmware I can get to fix this issue? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 983

Replies: 5

Related Articles