how to pass through vpn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

how to pass through vpn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
how to pass through vpn
how to pass through vpn
2020-02-16 22:04:49 - last edited 2020-02-18 03:20:26
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

i have configured PPTP connection in network setting of my Archer A9, now when i use NordVPN i can ping to the websites but i can't open any website in browser(s) i tried everything by changing browser, DNS even used openVPN app to connect with nordvpn server but still facing the same problem (CAN'T OPEN WEBSITES IN BROWSER)

after some google search i found that i have to check the vpn pass through option in wifi router but even after enabling it the problem still not resolved

is this due to my ISP is providing me internet by using PPTP ?

and i can't use vpn on vpn

i also tried configuring my nordvpn username/password on wifi router (internet section) but was unsucessful in that

please guide me what could be the possible reason

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:how to pass through vpn -Solution
2020-02-17 19:43:38 - last edited 2020-02-18 03:20:26
thanks for reply, yes my internet connection type is PPTP, and i tried everything even disabling firewall and antiviruses/HIPS, not a single website was working however my issue has been resolved i guess it was transmission protocol issue the default protocol (recommended by Nord) was UDP selected in NordVPN application i have changed it to TCP and now it's working
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:how to pass through vpn
2020-02-17 08:16:28

@c7b3rx 

Hello, did you choose PPTP as internet connection type on the Archer A9 to make it access internet? Please tell us the current network diagram. 

Where do you use the Nordvpn? Please list some examples of the websites which you cannot open. 

And try to disable antivirus/software on your device to give it a go.

May it help. 

Options
Re:how to pass through vpn -Solution
2020-02-17 19:43:38 - last edited 2020-02-18 03:20:26
thanks for reply, yes my internet connection type is PPTP, and i tried everything even disabling firewall and antiviruses/HIPS, not a single website was working however my issue has been resolved i guess it was transmission protocol issue the default protocol (recommended by Nord) was UDP selected in NordVPN application i have changed it to TCP and now it's working
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:how to pass through vpn
2020-02-18 03:20:22

@c7b3rx 

I see, thanks for your valued reply. And glad to hear that you figured it out by changing the protocol type.

Now you can enjoy the VPN connection and internet.

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 904

Replies: 3

Related Articles