Tp link range extender gps fixed to another previuous place

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-17 22:01:35

I had a tp link range extender in a house connected to the line I had there.
Now I have moved it to another house i i make rest and connect it to my router in the house where i am now and when I connected  the smartphone to the extender it happens that positions the smartphone with the GPS in the other previuos house and not where I am now. Why and how make the correction?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tp link range extender gps fixed to another previuous place
2020-02-18 06:22:03

@elisabettasc I don't think it's related to the range extender. You can access to the internet via RE, right?

In my opinion,  range extender can forward the wireless data between your smart phone and the router, that's the RE does. 

How about the results when your phone connects your router? The position will change when move phone around as the RE does?

Options
2020-02-22 09:57:29 - last edited 2020-02-22 09:58:51

@Selin If i connect to my router the position always remain in my home location. Only i see it since i connected to range extender what was in a different place some months ago.

It's happen sometimes but sometimes the position remain fixed to the place where was the range extender monts ago.

Options
2020-02-24 07:15:26

@elisabettasc 

Hello, please read this article to get some details. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/1200 

May it help. 

Options
2020-05-05 09:20:54

@elisabettasc I heared Tracking world are using tplink devices for vehicle tracking? How these work as tracking devices? Anyone?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1209

Replies: 4