ARCHER AX11000 INSUFFICIENT SPEED ON WIFI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-18 07:47:29

Hello, 

would like to get some recommendation on my wifi coverage. Currently, I m using router TPLINK Archer AX11000 and mesh unit (Tenda Mesh MW6) - 2 pack (3 unit each), each was placed at the different floor so the coverage was sufficient, but speed was terribly slow. 

The total device currently supported was 17 units. 

My internet package was 500mbps (from maxis). 

Scenario: 

Have an issue connecting to wifi via multiple floors and despite getting the following router and mesh unit. Speed is terrible especially when more people are using. Size of my property was 10k+ sqft. the total floor has 4th floor from the basement to the top floor. 

Using the mesh network on 5ghz, most of the time is able to get 500-800mbps to the mesh network. However, the speed to the internet is crawlingly slow on any other floor aside from the ground floor. (As slow as 7Mbps-10Mbps) . and for the top floor sometimes it has no internet when the signal is full 5 bars. 

What setup is suitable for such location, 

phone and PC on any other floor is the same slow internet but full signal. 

Router signal is sufficient for the entire first floor getting about 200-300Mbps but internet speed across anywhere on the 1st floor.  

My first-time experience on this issue and hope to get any recommendations to solve my problem. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:ARCHER AX11000 INSUFFICIENT SPEED ON WIFI
2020-02-19 06:29:27

@WalterX 

What is the current network diagram? Where do you locate the mesh units and the Archer AX11000. 

Generally speaking, the signal strength on the vertical direction is weaker than the horizontal direction. As for Archer AX11000, what about its performance? Including wifi coverage and speed. 

And may I know which wifi is detected when you on the top floor? Is it from the mesh unit or the AX11000? Try to check its IP address and gateway, then ping the gateway of router and show us the results. 

For the mesh units, you can relocate it to optimize its performance; and you can contact their tech support to get further help. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-19 07:29:19

@Kevin_Z 

thanks for replying to my message. 

Above is the basic diagram that I m drawing, sry for the bad drawing. The above is my current mesh unit that I m putting if it was starting from the basement till the group floor it was connected to my router AX11000, the speed was getting about 300 to 800mpbs so it is not an issue, so my issue here was starting from the first floor onwards I was connected to my mesh unit, as per my post mentioned the signal was full 5 bars but the speed was terribly slow. 

Currently, I already have 5 units of mesh, and the setting has put into optimized seems not an issue. so in this of matter, I was getting confused that is it my mesh performance issue or shall I get another new mesh unit to try? as you know every brand of mesh has a different feature and setting. 

This is my mesh unit product specification: 

Tenda Mesh home system MW6: 

https://www.tendacn.com/en/product/specification/MW6.html 

YOU MAY REFER TO THIS LNIK IF YOU NEEDED THE FULL DETAILS. 

Options
2020-02-19 12:05:48

@Kevin_Z 

any feedback ?   

Options
2020-02-20 03:08:48

@WalterX 

Thanks for your reply. While the picture is failed to be attached, please send it to us again.

Meanwhile, from your description, the performance of the Archer AX11000 is fine, but the speed from the mesh units which connect to the router is slow. 

We need do some troubleshooting on the mesh units to locate this issue and try to figure it out; but cause I'm not familiar with the Tenda mesh units, below are some suggestions concluded from our mesh products. If it does not help, it is very suggested to contact their tech support cause they are more professional about their own products. 

First, you can connect your computer to the main mesh unit by wired cable and wireless to test the speed; you can swap the location of the mesh units to verify whether it is the mesh product itself or the environment. 

Second, you can switch the slave Deco to main Deco to give it a go.

Third, please ensure that the firmware is up to date, and try to customize the wireless settings if possible. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-20 08:33:13

@Kevin_Z 

Reattached for your reference as below diagram: 

First, you can connect your computer to the main mesh unit by wired cable and wireless to test the speed; you can swap the location of the mesh units to verify whether it is the mesh product itself or the environment.  - I have been tested with wired cable and wireless through my router or mesh, and it was not an issue here. The speed was sufficient if I was on the group floor and connected with my mesh unit or router. As mentioned in my post, the speed was started getting terribly slow only while I was on the first floor and top floor. So I believe was my mesh unit transmit power issue? due to my house was about 10k+ sqft I guess?  

Second, you can switch the slave Deco to main Deco to give it a go - Yes have tested this way, every single of my mesh was the same performance and speed. The result was unexpected and it is still slow as usual even was switching in between from main to other slaves but the signal was full bar?? wonder why. This case only except at the group floor to the basement was getting the speed.  In this matter, I need your advice?  for example, should I get another new mesh unit by spending another money? or bought from your product TPlink since I was using it with the TPLink router.

Another question to ask? 

Wonder if your site has any provided with services such as a given the trial program by sending to the applicant but to paying shipping and processing fees? Just to get the WIFI experience and see whether the user satisfies the WIFI EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING, 

Third, please ensure that the firmware is up to date, and try to customize the wireless settings if possible. - Yes, the firmware was the latest version. 

Options
2020-02-20 08:40:34

@Kevin_Z 

Your kind response is much appreciated. I have been suffering the internet for about 2 weeks. Hope my case can be settled. 

Options
2020-02-21 11:42:24

@WalterX 

Thanks for your reply. From your description, it seems that the actual performance of the mesh network is not good; even though the signal is full, the speed is still slow. 

You can contact their tech support first to verify whether there are other ways you can do to optimize the wireless performance. 

If it turns out that root cause is the capability of the mesh units, you can order another Mesh network to give it a go; We have some mesh networks, like Deco series, including Deco M5, Deco M9 plus. 

I'm afraid that there is no such trial program available now, but as my knowledge, most retailers offer free return policy within a specified period of time, like Amazon; you can order one after you confirmed the return policy; then you can install it and take some time to test the performance. If it does not work well either, you can return it for free. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2178

Replies: 7