my ethernet port works one day, and the next no

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-19 17:48:46
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought recently a wifi extender (RE450) and, at the start works perfectly, but one day, when the power went out, my ethernet port starts working rare, while the wifi works right, the ethernet connections work great one day, but the next works with a lot of lag and latency, especially when i play videogames 

Options
6 Reply
Re:my ethernet port works one day, and the next no
2020-02-20 07:25:08

@markoto 

What is the actual speed you can get from the RE450 by wired cable and wireless respectively? 

Try to ping the gateway of main router and google.com, please show us the ping results as well. 

Do you have the issue with the client connected to the main router directly bypass the RE450? Is there any advanced feature has been enabled on the main router? Like QoS or so? 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-20 16:14:12 - last edited 2020-02-20 16:14:27

@Kevin_Z 

hi Kevin, with my wired connection I have 90 Mbps and with wireless 160-150 Mbps. I'm paying 600 Mbps and i didn't enable anything on the router.

"Try to ping the gateway of main router and google.com, please show us the ping results as well" I don't understand what you mean

thank you.

Options
2020-02-22 18:59:28

@Kevin_Z  do you know any solution?? 

Options
2020-02-24 07:27:37

@markoto 

Thanks for your valued reply.

For the wired speed, it is suggested to change another ethernet cable, like cat5e or above; then you can test the speed. Please ensure that the client connected to the RE450 has the gigabit ethernet port. 

Next to the RE450, what is the wireless speed you can get from the RE450? 

With computer connected to the RE450, you can open cmd page and try to ping the gateway and google.com. Like ping 192.168.x.x / ping google.com.

Note: The gateway is just an example, please enter the actual one. 

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. And if possible, you can enable QoS on the main router and give video/games higher priority. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-02-24 10:17:40

@Kevin_Z  okey ty so much i will try it  ;) 

Options
2020-02-24 10:40:27

@Kevin_Z  should i select any configuration for DSCP or i don't touch anything????

File:
Captura.PNGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 842

Replies: 6