Deco installation wired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco installation wired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco installation wired
Deco installation wired
2020-02-20 00:49:05
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

Something occurd on my Deco system

My configuration is: Carrier modem - Main Deco - Tp-link switch - wire to another Deco Slave 1 - and Wire to Slave 2 both from main switch attached to main deco.

Each slave has one switch to my devices ( Tv, PC, Home theather.....)

When i open the deco tree it show my Ps4 connected direct to main deco, is connected to slave 2 so far away and has bad connection. 

Deco slave 1 show source wireless from main deco instead wired connection and slave 2 shows is ethernet from slave 1 but no wire coming from slave 1

Now i'm experiencing bad connection, a lot of isues, slown connections and instability.

What can i do?

On the inbstallation process i configured the main one, after by the app de slaves and wired them.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco installation wired
2020-02-21 01:57:37

@fmajzels 

Hello, may I know where did you see the Deco tree? On the web UI or the Deco app? 

Please open Deco app and click PS4 under online list and show us a screenshot of the settings page where you see " Signal Source". 

What is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP? 

With computer connected to the main Deco by wired cable or wireless, please test the speed respectively and show us the results. 

In the meantime, please show us the speed you can get from the slave Decos. 

What is the model number of the three switches? With Carrier modem--Main Deco--Slave Deco 1--Slave Deco 2 connected, does it work well? 

Besides, what is the led status of the Deco units when you lost connection? Can you get internet from the main Deco at the same time? Try to connect main Deco to the carrier modem only and verify whether you have the same issue. 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
Re:Deco installation wired
2020-02-21 13:15:53 - last edited 2020-02-21 17:21:35

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, may I know where did you see the Deco tree? On the web UI or the Deco app? 

By App

Please open Deco app and click PS4 under online list and show us a screenshot of the settings page where you see " Signal

Only main deco turned on. And says that. No switch between ps4 and deco and deco and modem. 

Connection upload very bad

What is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP? 

50Mbps down and 30 up

With computer connected to the main Deco by wired cable or wireless, please test the speed respectively and show us the results. 

In the meantime, please show us the speed you can get from the slave Decos. 

Slave 1

says no devices connected to slave 2, but I,m near it. 

What is the model number of the three switches? With Carrier modem--Main Deco--Slave Deco 1--Slave Deco 2 connected, does it work well? 

Switch 1 and 2 tp-link tg sg1005d and slave 2 d-linkDES-1008A 

Besides, what is the led status of the Deco units when you lost connection? Can you get internet from the main Deco at the same time? Try to connect main Deco to the carrier modem only and verify whether you have the same issue. 

Alawys green

I have made some tests

When i disconnect Deco slave 1 the slave 2 goes red, showing they are connected via wifi each other, but when both green, whom i turn on first assume ethernet connection and the other connect via wifi loosing sinal, weird think is that i dont have any cable directly between the rooms where Deco slave 1 and Deco slave 2 are. The thing is i cant get direct connection for both via main switch.  I dont know if i'm being clear but it's whats happening

My diagram

Thanks a lot. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1310

Replies: 2

Related Articles