M5 reduces internet up and download speed in LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-21 08:40:55
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 build20190617 Rel 47476

I have a new Fritzbox AVM 7530 connected to internet as modem. I use DECO as router for my home mesh. Master is connected to modem via RJ45 and from Deco Master a second cable goes to my home network switch. All hardware like NAS, Printer, Smarthome hub etc is connected via cable. As well as all computers when in the office.

Before I had a LTE connection via Huawai modem 50 Mps which worked fine.

Now I have a fibre 100 Mps connected to the Fritzbox. Messured speed on LAN is 86 to 98 Mps. Both on OKLA and on Deco App.

Speed through Deco is 4,5 Mps down and up 12.1 when mesured in Ethernet after Deco, before and after LAN switch. Same speed in WIFI mode.

Is there any explanation and remedy which I can apply.

I need one home network with one IP range to access all the periferals which are cable connected.

Does anybody have a similar problem?

Options
4 Reply
Re:M5 reduces internet up and download speed in LAN
2020-02-24 01:55:00

@Oberott 

Hello, what is the model number of the switch? 

Please remove the switch and connect the main Deco to the modem only and then test the speed you can get from the main Deco directly. That is to say, with PC--main Deco --Fritzbox connected, please test the wired/wireless speed you can get from the main Deco directly. 

You can swap the locations of the Deco units or switch the slave Deco to main Deco to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-24 10:07:41

@Kevin_Z 

I tried all you proposed.

No switch,  connected only modem - Deco - laptop. speed 4.5 to 5 download, 10 to 12 upload.

Direct on modem 93 to 96 (modem laptop!)

Switched M5 from another room as master and connected. First measurement 65 to 75, second 8 to 10, third 4,5 to 5 and constant. No change. Interesting to see that it came down from high speed to low speed. Measurements immediately after one another.

Both on wifi and cable.

Any other idea?

Thank you

Options
2020-03-07 12:58:34

@Oberott 

I tried everything now. No help from tp link in the forum. So I have decided to demolish the Mesh based on Tp Link and go for AVM. With this system it works.

Bad reputation built up.

Options
2020-03-09 02:42:36

@Oberott 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here. I somehow missed your thread so that we failed to offer help in time. 

We will keep working to optimize our products and improve customer service. 

Hope there will be an opportunity to work with you in the future. 

Good day. 

Options