Tp-link Wireless Adapter "can't connect to this network"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-21 09:10:25
Model: TL-WN725N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My wireless adapter is not able to connect to any of the networks . I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my driver but nothing changed.Please help me fix it

File:
15822760486164689842337722450048.jpgDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:Tp-link Wireless Adapter "can't connect to this network"
2020-02-24 08:55:38

@DannyAustin 

What is the operating system of your computer? 

Can other devices connect to the host wifi? 

Try to change the wireless settings of the main router to give it a go, including wireless channel, channel width and wireless password.

May it help. 

Options
2020-10-08 15:48:14

@Kevin_Z Just Purchased the following

TP-Link AC600 Nano Wireless USB Adapter

Running Win10 Version:2004 Build:19041

It is a Fresh Load. Reformatted the HDD, Reloaded OS and Apps. Did all of that Hard Wired. Delivering to client, Installed the TP-Link AC600 and NOT able to connect to the 5Ghz Wireless Network. The 2.4Ghz works, however it is Quite Sssssslllloooowwww. Yes I have other devices connected to both Networks. I even went into the Adapter and changed the Wireless Options IEEE b/g/n and a/c and a/n and a/b/g/n still all failed with "Can't Connect To This Network"

Options
2020-10-18 13:31:15

@DannyAustin

Just created this account so I can post my findings. By day I work in a computer shop, so I can troubleshoot pretty readily. My T2U  Nano purchased last week has never connected to my 5GHz home network. It DID connect to the 5GHz network at the shop. At home I'm running a Microtik dual band router, and the firmware is up to date. The 5GHz network shows up in my list of networks, it just gives me an error when trying to join. I've used the default Windows drivers, the drivers listed on the website here, and now the Beta drivers listed in the zip on this thread. The beta drivers wouldn't even install. 

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."

I've disabled digital driver signing and they still won't install.

I'm willing to try something else if you're available to answer quickly. If not, I'll return the device for something else.

Bill

Options
2020-10-18 13:31:16

@DannyAustin

Just created this account so I can post my findings. By day I work in a computer shop, so I can troubleshoot pretty readily. My T2U  Nano purchased last week has never connected to my 5GHz home network. It DID connect to the 5GHz network at the shop. At home I'm running a Microtik dual band router, and the firmware is up to date. The 5GHz network shows up in my list of networks, it just gives me an error when trying to join. I've used the default Windows drivers, the drivers listed on the website here, and now the Beta drivers listed in the zip on this thread. The beta drivers wouldn't even install. 

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."

I've disabled digital driver signing and they still won't install.

I'm willing to try something else if you're available to answer quickly. If not, I'll return the device for something else.

Bill

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 27074

Replies: 6