Deco M4 - my laptop shows "no internet connection", but there is internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-21 18:57:20 - last edited 2020-02-21 19:00:01

Hello,

I recently installed a Deco M4 mesh at home and it was working fine in the beginning.   However, I recently started getting a "No internet connection" status icon on the lower right corner of my laptop Windows screen.   This status icon changes to show that an internet connection has been established every once in a while, but this only lasts for a few seconds before it changes back to a no connection status.    Even though the status shows that there is no internet connection, I can browse the internet fine, except for certain services and applications that display a message telling me that an internet connection is required.

If I connect to any other wireless network with this same laptop, this icon showing no connection does not appear at all.

The strange thing is that other laptops and devices that connect to my Deco M4 mesh do not show this problem, only this particular laptop does.   

It seems like the conflict is only between my laptop and the Deco M4 mesh, but I could not pinpoint the issue to either device given that both of them work fine when connected with other different devices.

I have installed the latest firmware update.

Any idea what could be happennig?

Thank you,

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - my laptop shows "no internet connection", but there is internet
2020-02-24 02:06:10

@animeteme 

Thanks for your information, we will do further analysis to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current network diagram? 

2. When the "no internet connection" message pops up on your laptop, please click here to verify its IP address and gateway. Then please ping the gateway of Deco and show us the results. 

3. Please list some examples of the websites which you cannot access and try to ping them and tell us the results.

4. Try to forget the network on the laptop and reconnect it to the Deco; and you can reserve an IP address for it on the Deco app. 

5. Besides, you can update the driver of the network adapter built-in the laptop. 

Good day. 

Options
2021-02-07 14:24:33

@Kevin_Z

Hi I am having the same issue. I have the Deco M4 installed and it has been working perfectly for the past few months. However, all of a  sudden last week my laptop (wIndows 10) has no internet connection when connected to the Deco. Every other device works fine. Connecting to the wifi the deco is connected to also works fine (however I need Deco to extend the wifi to certain areas of the house)

When I connect to Devo on the laptop, it says 'connected, no internet' for a few seconds, then says 'connected, secured' but no website works (tried several browsers)!

In answer to the questions: 

1. What is the current network diagram? 

Virgin Media Hub connected to Deco M4. 2 Deco M4s in the house.

(connecting this laptop to Virgin media hub directly works fine)

phones, ipad, smart Tv all continue to be fine with Deco

2. When the "no internet connection" message pops up on your laptop, please click here to verify its IP address and gateway. Then please ping the gateway of Deco and show us the results. 

See screenshot

3. Please list some examples of the websites which you cannot access and try to ping them and tell us the results.

Every website

4. Try to forget the network on the laptop and reconnect it to the Deco; and you can reserve an IP address for it on the Deco app. 

Haven't tried this yet as unsure how to? 

5. Besides, you can update the driver of the network adapter built-in the laptop. 

I believe it is up to date.

Any suggestions?!

Thanks 

File:
ping .jpgDownload
Options
2021-04-20 03:01:20

@animeteme  Same problem here. iPhone can be connected and iMac not both at the same place. Or vice versa. Seems completely arbitrary. Happens to iMac, 2 iPhone 11 pros, 1 Macbook air. Sometimes it reconnects after a while, sometimes it doesn't.

For example right now, I have my phone connected but my iMac refuses to have Internet with the same connection. Also, the iMac doesn't appear on the deco app on my phone neither on the main deco nor on the extension where it actually should be connected to.

Seems to be a problem many users have. Any solution?

Options
2021-04-30 11:47:17

Same problem for me with my laptop. All other devices working fine and have access to internet.

My solution was to reset network on my laptop : 

- netsh int ip reset

- netsh winsock reset

- restart laptop

But some times the problem occurs again and I have to do the reset again :-( 

Options
2021-08-11 07:41:52

@animeteme  this happened to me but i am using M5. All the devices in the house connecting to 2 M5, one laptop suddenly show connected but no internet, a few hours later then happened to a second laptop. 

Rebooted the Deco, restart laptop, flush DNS, problem persist. 

I had to enable the random hardware address in the wifi setting in windows 10 to get back the access. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4632

Replies: 5

Related Articles