No Airprint printers found after installing Archer VR1200v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-21 22:08:50 - last edited 2020-04-01 07:04:16
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.8.0 v600e.0 Build 181217 Rel.56920n

Recently I've installed Archer VR1200v as the new modem router for my home. While with the previous modem router (an old linksys WAG320) I've never had problem printing from my Apple devices via Airprint (printer: HP Envy 4500 all in one), now the same devices no longer can find any Airprint printer.

Things that I've already tried (in no particular order):

1) upgraded the firmware for the modem router

2) upgraded the OS for the iDevices

3) rebooted the modem router

4) turned the modem router off and on again

5) turned the printer off and on again

6) turned the iDevices off and on again

7) turned on and off the IGMP snooping option and then turned everything off and on again (suddenly the printer was detected briefly, and then no longer after the iDevices were disconnected from the wifi network and then connected back again)

8) forget all the printers and all the networks on my macbook and starting all over

9) changing dns to Google DNS

10) tried connecting the printer to the wifi network again

11) turned off the 5G network in order to have only the 2.4Ghz one

12) set a manual fixed ip for the printer (it then works if I add it as an IP printer from the macbook, but not from other devices, and the scanner is not detected anyway)

13) Read all the guides and troubleshooting articles I could find from HP, Apple, TP-link and other websites

14) I cannot longer remember. I've battled with this for almost a month.

Yes,

1) I can access the printer settings via browser from my iDevices by typing the printer IP address

2) I can detect the printer normally and print from my Windows PC

3) I can access the modem router via browser from my iDevices by typing the modem router IP address

4) the printer and the iDevices are connected to the same wifi network

5) yes Airprint is supported by my printer and both Airprint and Bonjour are enabled on the device

I'm rather desperate. Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:No Airprint printers found after installing Archer VR1200v
2020-04-01 01:11:43 - last edited 2020-04-02 13:15:50

@tertiary 

Find an access point that explicitely supports Bonjour.  Make sure it is enabled and run everything that needs Bonjour through that access point.  It worked for me for Airprint printers and for home sharing to my apple TVs from my iMac.  The tp-link firmware does not support Bonjour very well on my new AX11000.  That did it for me.  Stupid, I know.  They need to get the router firmware fixed to handle this.  For now I am happy.  

I have an Araknis AP-500 access point doing the trick.  Just had to specifically enable Bonjour and connect those devices to that access point.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1282

Replies: 1

Related Articles