Archer C50 - Lost connection on 5GHz while watching online videos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-23 21:16:43
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Archer C50_RU_V3_180417

Archer C50 AC1200 (there is no required model in the dropdown menu).

This is a permanent problem on my end.

While I'm watching any online videos on youtube, twitch, etc... the connection will be lost on 5GHz.

This is also related to the download of huge files.

After 5-10 minutes of such activity, the connection to the Internet will be lost.

In the meantime, 2.4GHz is available and working with no issues. Moreover, it is always stable. 

Please explain.

Thanks in advance!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C50 - Lost connection on 5GHz while watching online videos
2020-02-24 03:40:46

@M.Z. 

Hello, the Archer C50 is available on the model lists; you can enter C50 and it will pop up. 

Back to your case, we can do further analysis. 

1. Are you still connected to the 5GHz but no internet access or you disconnect the 5GHz totally?

2. If it is still connected, please click here to get the IP address and gateway when you lost connection and try to ping the gateway of the main router, please show us the result as well. 

3. Have you ever tried to change the wireless settings of the 5GHz to improve the wireless performance? Including wireless channel and channel width. 

4. Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date; and you can enable bandwidth control to give it a go. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-03-09 17:53:31

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks a lot for your prompt response!

Here we go.

1. I'm still connected to the 5GHz. And no internet connection.

2. Thanks for the instructions. I've attached the snapshot with some markups. Hope that it will be clear. Sorry for the Russian.

3. I'm not sure that I ever tried to do this.

4. The firmware is relevant. I've installed the latest available. 

Here are some comments about the snapshot:

- connection lost while watching youtube;

- ping 192.168.0.1. The result - Request timed out;

- I have connected to the 2.4GHz. The internet is available;

- I have reconnected to the 5GHz. The internet is available.

Thanks for your attention to this question.

I hope that the solution will be found.

Thanks in advance!

Options
2020-03-10 06:17:51

@M.Z. 

Gotcha, thanks for your information. So it seems that the 5GHz will drop intermittently and you can reconnect your device to the 5GHz to make it work again; and you cannot access the web UI when the 5GHz stops working. 

You can change the wireless settings of 5GHz to give it a go, including wireless channel and channel width. Like channel 36, 40 or 44; and use channel width 40MHz. 

Besides, when did you buy this Archer C50? 

Good day. 

Options
2020-08-14 08:13:14

@Kevin_Z 

I am having the same issue as well. I use a Macbook pro-2015 and through my searches online for the answer many of the forums have said that Apple products overwork the router due to which it gets heated up and stops. 

But I have tried everything that other forums have suggested. Like, adjusting the placement of the router, adjusting the antennas. 

I recently bought this Router as an upgrade to my previous D-link router which was a single band router. 

I connect only 2 devices to the 5Ghz band and with time the internet gets slow and choppy. There is no problem with my ISP cause the internet speed is consistent when directly connected. 

I have also checked interference, changing channels, and everything that people have suggested but to no improvement. Does that mean that my router has crashed or I have gotten a faulty piece?

I am from India and use the ACT 100Mpbs connection. When connected, the 5Ghz connection shows very fast speeds close to 100Mbps but with time it gets slower and after about 15 min of video streaming or online live classes, the speed completely drops to a point where I'm no longer able to access the internet at all. The 2.4Ghz band works for some time but even that gets slow and crashes to a point where I have to restart my router again to get consistent speed which I cannot do when I am in the middle of a class. 

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version but still, experience the same issue. Can it be possible that my ISP connection is not compatible with the router?

Please let me know what I can do to have a stable long-lasting connection for the 5Ghz band

Options
2020-08-18 03:45:39

@AshishNoel 

Hello,

Sorry to hear the speed is not as good as expected, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. Is your model number also Archer C50? With it connected to the modem directly, please connect one computer to the Archer C50 and verify whether it works well and what is the speed

2. When the speed slows down, what is the wired speed you can get from the C50 with your computer connected to it?

3. Besides, at that time, please verify the wired/wireless negotiation speed of your computer/smartphone so that we can rule out whether it is the negotiation speed which affects the actual speed. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

4. Ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

5. And try to disable NAT boost under advanced-system tools-system parameters page.

Any updates, please let us know. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1818

Replies: 5

Related Articles