my router doesn't recognize my seagate backup plus hub (8tb)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-24 16:20:50 - last edited 2020-11-23 07:49:11
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to connect my saegate backup plus hub (8tb) with my archer a2300 router.

I've plugged it in via the usb 3.0 connection directly to the tp-link but it doesn't recognize it,

any help?

Thx!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:my router doesn't recognize my seagate backup plus hub (8tb)-Solution
2020-11-13 02:28:11 - last edited 2020-11-23 07:49:11

@joeriboeri This is probably a bit late, but I am hoping this helps someone else as I came across your post and was searching for answers. 

I have a 8 TB Seagate Backup Plus that seemed to have the same issue. I did the following and it seemed to fix the issue. 

• I plugged the Seagate into my laptop. Then I went to Disk Management or Create and format hard disk from laptop.
  • I found the Seagate drive in the Disk Management tool and deleted the volume.
  • Then once that was complete I right clicked and selected New Simple Volume about half the size of the disk.
    • Note: I chose NTFS for one half and EXFAT for the other just to test, but both worked fine. I gave simple name to each ashare and bshare, + chose not to select a drive letter.
  • Then I right clicked on the remaining unallocated space on the disk and created another New Simple Volume. 
  • Once complete I safely removed from my laptop and plugged USB into my TP-Link router.
  • When I went into to the admin at 192.168.0.1 I saw both volumes and could access from the network.

I hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:my router doesn't recognize my seagate backup plus hub (8tb)
2020-02-26 08:01:07

@joeriboeri 

What is the model number of the Seagate HDD? what about its capacity and file format?

With it plugged into the USB2.0 port, can it be detected? 

What is the current hardware and firmware version of the Archer A2300? 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
Re:my router doesn't recognize my seagate backup plus hub (8tb)-Solution
2020-11-13 02:28:11 - last edited 2020-11-23 07:49:11

@joeriboeri This is probably a bit late, but I am hoping this helps someone else as I came across your post and was searching for answers. 

I have a 8 TB Seagate Backup Plus that seemed to have the same issue. I did the following and it seemed to fix the issue. 

• I plugged the Seagate into my laptop. Then I went to Disk Management or Create and format hard disk from laptop.
  • I found the Seagate drive in the Disk Management tool and deleted the volume.
  • Then once that was complete I right clicked and selected New Simple Volume about half the size of the disk.
    • Note: I chose NTFS for one half and EXFAT for the other just to test, but both worked fine. I gave simple name to each ashare and bshare, + chose not to select a drive letter.
  • Then I right clicked on the remaining unallocated space on the disk and created another New Simple Volume. 
  • Once complete I safely removed from my laptop and plugged USB into my TP-Link router.
  • When I went into to the admin at 192.168.0.1 I saw both volumes and could access from the network.

I hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:my router doesn't recognize my seagate backup plus hub (8tb)
2020-11-22 19:33:32

@simplyme247 God bless you man. I was litteraly in hell few weeks even contacted the support and made a TeamViewer session showing them the problem and they were totally inprofessional. What the support did was only clicking refresh in the web Interface of the router and said I don't know I tested on my side with 500GB and it worked. Man like you are a the real light in the darkness. Again great thanks - your steps should be pinned from the company in the Troubleshoot sections since they don't know how to fix this issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3470

Replies: 3

Related Articles