Cant connect certain websites using TP-Link Wifi Repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-25 16:14:25
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

I have bought this wifi repeater and try to connect to my router which the service provider is Maxis, after finished the setup. I can access the internet like facebook, youtube and gmail. When I try other sites like twitch, steam client app, and other sites from google, it cannot access and return "The site cant be reached" error. From my Steam software, it show internet disconnect although I still can browse the facebook from web browser.

Need some help on fixing this issues, is the roort cause of my router IP is not static?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Cant connect certain websites using TP-Link Wifi Repeater
2020-02-26 09:58:37

@Wei_Hong0608 

With your device connected to the extender, try to ping these websites which you can not access and please show us the ping result. 

What about other devices? Do they all have the same issue once they connected to the extender? Do they work well when they connect to the main router? 

Please ensure that the firmware of the extender is the latest one. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-26 12:28:04

Dear @Kevin_Z ,

Below is the results of ping responses on some websites:

Google

Pinging www.google.com [2001:4860:4802:38::75] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 2001:4860:4802:38::75: time=7ms
Reply from 2001:4860:4802:38::75: time=10ms
Reply from 2001:4860:4802:38::75: time=15ms
Reply from 2001:4860:4802:38::75: time=11ms

Ping statistics for 2001:4860:4802:38::75:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 7ms, Maximum = 15ms, Average = 10ms

Facebook

Pinging star-mini.c10r.facebook.com [2a03:2880:f12a:183:face:b00c:0:25de] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 2a03:2880:f12a:183:face:b00c:0:25de: time=7ms
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 2a03:2880:f12a:183:face:b00c:0:25de: time=5ms

Ping statistics for 2a03:2880:f12a:183:face:b00c:0:25de:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 7ms, Average = 6ms

Twitch

Pinging twitch.map.fastly.net [151.101.10.167] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 151.101.10.167:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

TP-link website

Pinging www.tp-link.com [99.86.181.21] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 99.86.181.21:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Results from browser : 
"This site can’t be reachedwww.tp-link.com’s server IP address could not be found."

The another device I try to use to conntect the extender wifi is my android phones, once connected it show no internet access.

I have tried many times to reset the extender but still cannot solve this issues... Kindly need your help on this, thank you.
Below screenshot is the network settings of my extended wifi:

Bellow screenshot is the network status shown on Web GUI:

Options
2020-02-27 07:37:43

@Wei_Hong0608 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

While could you please re-offer the full screenshots of the settings-status page and the settings-network page? This time, please click the TL-WA855RE icon on the status page and show us all the information listed there. 

Do you use the same wifi network name for TL-WA855RE as the main router? If so, you can change another name and connect your device to the extender to do a test again. 

Besides, with your client connected to the main router, can you access these websites? 

Thanks a lot. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-27 09:14:35
Dear @Kevin_Z , I will provide full screenshots after work, after setup the wifi name use by TL-WA855RE will auto add EXT at behind, I have tried second time setup for totally different name but the issue is same. When connected back to main router, I have no issues to connect those websites. Another question is when I out from home, can I turn off the repeater when not using? I just need to turn it on back without setup by just direct connect to the extender wifi and use it right?
Options
2020-02-27 13:52:09

@Kevin_Z ,

Bellow is the full screenshots from web GUI:
a)

b)

c)

Below screenshots is the network screen:

Below is the sample sites which cannot access when connect to wifi extender:

Kindly let me know the solutions on this issues thank you.

Options
2020-03-02 09:26:54

@Wei_Hong0608 

Thanks for your valued reply.

From the picture attached, it seems that the extender failed to access internet. 

Please update the firmware to the latest one first and configure it with the main router's wifi password. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa855re/v4/#Firmware

After that, please verify whether it works; if still not, please show me a screenshot of the NO. 3-4 pages attached before. And tell me the model number of the main router. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-03-02 09:35:58

@Kevin_Z 

But my wifi repeater is V4, the latest firmware from the website provided is for TL-WA855RE V3. Should I download and install it?

Options
2020-03-03 03:44:27

@Wei_Hong0608 

It seems that the local website does not upload the firmware. 

Below is the download link: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-wa855re/v4/#Firmware

You can install it and take some to verify whether it works. 

May it help. 

Options
2021-01-26 10:51:58

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same problem with the Wifi Range Extender RE200

The Internet status is still DISCONNECT.

I can only access to Google.com, Youtube, and it plays videos really fast. 

but when I come to Google.com, click a page or type a web address, it doesn't work.

I have updated the latest version of RE200 V5 in my location (Europe) and the Internet status is still DISCONNECT.

Can you help me with this issue? 

Do I need to change some settings of the ROUTER? It's hard for me because I rent a room in the big house and maybe the owner doesn't allow me to make some setting changes of the router.

Options