Can not add an m4r to my m5 network / can't upgrade firmware to allow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-25 21:17:18
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

Also can not upgrade the firmware from the app, suggested the firmware is up to date.  Also, can not access the web UI to manually upgrade the firmware, help!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can not add an m4r to my m5 network / can't upgrade firmware to allow
2020-02-26 07:25:32

@thewillb 

What is the current network diagram? Is there any error message or notification if you failed to add the Deco M4R? 

Below is the instruction to add additional Deco. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1590/ 

What is the current hardware and firmware version of the Deco M5? 

Try to connect the Deco M4R to the main Deco M5 by wired cable and add it; and please ensure that the led status of the Deco M4r is pulsing blue. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-02-26 11:07:50

@Kevin_Z 

Current network diagram is a verizon fios router with wireless turned off <---ethernet cable--->  a Deco M5 V1 with firmware 1.1.6 in router mode, and a slave Deco M5 V1 with firmware 1.1.6 connected wirelessly.

From the iPhone App, when I choose ADD, and choose an M4R, the app says, "To add M4R/E4R/W2400/AC1200, please update the main Deco's firmware to the latest version.

From the iPhone App, when I choose update, it says Deco is fully updated.

I downloaded the latest formware from the website, but cannot find the Web Managament GUI.  No connectivity to tplinkdeco.net, 192.168.0.1, tplinkwifi.net, 192.168.0.1:30000, etc.  I suspect that this firmware version does not feature a web management GUI?

Thanks for your help!

Side note.  We lost one of the power adapters to the one of the Deco M5 units.  Where can I get a replacement?

Options
2020-02-27 02:07:11

@thewillb 

You can contact the retailer whether you can get a replacement of the power adapter; or you can order another one which suits the Deco.

Have you ever tried to connect the Deco M4R to the main Deco by wired cable directly to add it? 

And the current firmware 1.3.14 is the latest one already; The Deco M5 should support web UI now, please ensure that you connect your cellphone to the Deco's wifi and then try to access it with tplinkdeco.net or its LAN IP address. 

Besides, you can hard reset the Deco M4r and ensure it is pulsing blue; then you can try to add it again. And you can change another cellphone to install the Deco app and add the additional one.

If it still does not work, please tell me which step you get stuck in and show me a screenshot of the error message/notification. 

Good day. 

Options
2021-12-17 06:36:26

hi @Kevin_Z 

i am getting this error with accessing the WUI of my new M4R

https://tplinkdeco.net/webpages/index.html

The requested URL /webpages/index.html was not found on this server.

Firmware is still 1.1.18

Can you help me? Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 806

Replies: 4