Archer T2U Nano cannot detect any 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-29 06:47:01 - last edited 2020-08-27 07:49:28
Model: Archer T2U Nano  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought a Archer T2U Nano, installed latest driver (Windows 10) but cannot detect 5GHz networks

It can detect other 2.4GHz (gets disconnected easily too) but not a single 5GHz (there are other 5Ghz in my area, other than my router, that my phone can detect)

I've seen from other posts that suggest "changing wireless channel of main router to channel 36, 40 and 44", but I don't think my router has those options

Also, my phone (and 6 other devices e.g. laptops and tablets) can detect the 5Ghz, so unlikely a router problem.

I've tried plugging it to another USB port and reinstalling the driver, but same result

Is there any setting in the adapter's "Advanced" tab in "Properties" or any way round this? Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer T2U Nano cannot detect any 5GHz-Solution
2021-01-31 01:37:20 - last edited 2021-09-27 01:30:45

@Frankification Hello everybody!

I had the same problem, and i switched the option "Auto" to a/n/ac

Applying this change, i hope you don't have the problem anymore.

Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:Archer T2U Nano cannot detect any 5GHz
2020-03-02 07:35:58 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:00

@Frankification 

Hello,

The adapter's Advanced settings are correct, change the router's channel is worth to try, usually, the router support to change the channel, please double check it with the router support.

If it still not working, please uninstall the driver on the computer and try the driver below. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-t2u-nano/#Driver

Besides, you can also restart the router have a try.

Have a good day!

Options
2020-03-02 10:16:02

@Frankification 

Thanks for you reply.

I actually installed the very same driver from the link you sent (chose Windows 10) and have restarted my router a few times, but still no 5GHz detected.

I have changed the router's channel, but sill same result - no 5GHz detected.

I would also like to point out - my phone, along with 6 other devices (e.g. laptops and tablets) have always been able to detect the 5Ghz, so doesn't seem like a router settings problem?

Options
2020-03-03 07:52:23 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:17

@Frankification 

Thanks for the info.

Please click here to download the driver and refer to the instruction below to install it manually have a try.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

Good day.
Options
2020-03-04 16:42:52

@Stella.Q 

Sorry, my bad when I said I tried other USB ports

- I did try the 2 adjacent ones (at the back) at first, but today when I plugged it in the front slot, it can detect the 5Ghz, but then cannot connect to it ("Verifying and connecting" then could not connect)

Very much like what you see in this video I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD56PRAvFAk

Which I saw from another thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/159287?page=1

It's a long thread and there appears to have some angry posts, could you tell me where we are on this driver? (is this a known problem? A new driver coming soon etc?)

Thanks!

Options
2020-03-13 02:39:28

@Frankification 

Hi, sorry for the late reply. 

While there are some customer has a similar issue( can't detect 5Ghz wifi or can't connect to it), we did research before, there are so many factors cause the issue, in different situations, the solution is different.

Now you can see the 5GHz wifi but can't connect to it, have you tried the driver I attached before? 

If it still not working, please tell us the model number of your router. 

Good day.

Options
2020-03-26 07:47:59

@Stella.Q 

I installed the driver you attached, and it could finally connect to 5G, but the speed was less than 1Mbps (went to a few online speed test websites), which I think is usable these days

I've done a few other tests too:

I plugged it in my laptop (no driver installed if I remember right):

- it could detect both 2.4GHz and 5GHz

- I tried to connect to 2.4GHz then 5GHz

- speed wise both bands comparable with those of my laptop built-in wireless LAN card

So looks like the USB Wifi adaptar is compatible with my old laptop (Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 1, already has built-in wireless LAN) but not with my new desktop (Dell OptiPlex 3070, without wireless LAN)...

Hope the above info helps?

Options
2020-03-30 06:18:34

@Frankification 

Thanks for the info.

Glad to know you can connect to the 5G wifi now. For the speed issue, you can try to customize the wireless settings of the main router, like the wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width as 40MHz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 80MHz. Then test the speed again.

If the speed is still slow, with your computer connected to the wifi, please click here to verify the wireless negotiation speed and send us a picture. Besides, please also refer to the instruction below to check the driver version and system info.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

How about the speed when you connect to the wifi on another device in the same place?

Options
2020-07-17 15:37:18

@Frankification 

i did find a solution to the issue you are facing as i too was facing the same so here's my solution :

pls download the driver cab attached

unzip it to a folder

open device manager

select "tplink t2u nano adaptor"

right click and update the driver with this "attached driver"

it should look like this after update :

now connect & your problem will be solved :D

Hope i Helped,

Bhasky.

File:
RTL8811AU.cabDownload
Options
2020-07-18 22:19:28

@Stella.QHello, I have the same problem with the 5G network, after updating Windows 10, I stop showing me the network, I tried to do everything they have put here and I have not managed to find the solution, what can I do?

Options
2020-07-23 18:17:59

Hi all,

I also bought an Archer T2U nano adapter, but it cannot detect 5GHz wifi network on my Windows 10 notebook (2004 version), recently reinstalled from scratch. It only detect the 2.4Ghz network.

I plugged the nano adapter in another notebook with Windows 10 (1903 version) and it works fine, i can connect to the 5Ghz network.

Parameters are the same for both notebooks:

Wifi router is the same as well.

I wonder if this a Windows 10 problem due to versions or if there is any updated device driver from either tp-link or Microsoft.

Can anyone shed some light on this, because I still can't connect to the 5Ghz network in the first notebook.

PS - I also followed all recomendations posted in the thread and other related threads and nothing.

Regards...

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 35196

Replies: 20

Related Articles