Very slow Deco M9 Plus Wifi speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-29 07:24:34 - last edited 2020-03-02 03:52:33
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 Build 20191014 Rel.42025

Hello,

To upgrade my Wifi network at home, I bought 3 set of Deco M9 last week. After the setup, I had significant upload/download speed increase in my home network which is 500M/500 network. The upalod/download speed are devices are about 300-400M across all rooms, which meet my expectation.

However, after using that for 2-3 days, the Wifi speed has got worse a lot on my Wifi connected devices. The results are shown in the following pictures

As shown above, the speed within the Deco Apps looks OK. However, if I use Speedtest on the same iPhone on the same location , the result is as below,

But if I go to the master Deco, the speed is OK as below,

And sometimes in testing the Wifi speed, Speedtest can not finish the upload testing and gave an error message  to ask me to check my network connection even though the Wifi signal indication on the screen is full. The download testing works fine.

About the product information, I do not know where to find the Hardware version so I just input the most updated one as it is very new product for me.

All these things happened on the Wifi connected iPhone, my hardwired connect laptop works fine.

Please help!

Thank you

Peter

Options
6 Reply
Re:Very slow Deco M9 Plus Wifi speed
2020-02-29 10:32:33 - last edited 2020-03-02 03:52:33

@pg99 

Increase Wifi Signal Strength Tx-Power on Kali Linux

CHECK HERE

pg99 wrote

Hello,

To upgrade my Wifi network at home, I bought 3 set of Deco M9 last week. After the setup, I had significant upload/download speed increase in my home network which is 500M/500 network. The upalod/download speed are devices are about 300-400M across all rooms, which meet my expectation.

However, after using that for 2-3 days, the Wifi speed has got worse a lot on my Wifi connected devices. The results are shown in the following pictures

As shown above, the speed within the Deco Apps looks OK. However, if I use Speedtest on the same iPhone on the same location , the result is as below,

But if I go to the master Deco, the speed is OK as below,

And sometimes in testing the Wifi speed, Speedtest can not finish the upload testing and gave an error message  to ask me to check my network connection even though the Wifi signal indication on the screen is full. The download testing works fine.

About the product information, I do not know where to find the Hardware version so I just input the most updated one as it is very new product for me.

All these things happened on the Wifi connected iPhone, my hardwired connect laptop works fine.

Please help!

Thank you

Peter

Options
2020-02-29 12:20:06 - last edited 2020-03-02 03:52:33

I found more errors when tried to figure out the reason of the slow speed.

Even though my iPhone is connect to the Wifi, the "Test again" button is greyed out. I have no way to do another speed test within the Deco app

When above happen, I tried to browse the whole network. And got above error message "my device is offline" even though the Wifi signal on the above right corner shows it is connected.

I tried the "Try again" button on the previous screen, and got a new error message "Can not find Deco"

I tried “Try again" and got anotehr error message "Can not find the main Deco"

I have used TPlink router which worked fine for me. Now this new Deco really drives me crazy!

Options
2020-03-02 06:05:26

@pg99 

Thanks for the information provided. We will do further analysis to locate this issue and try to figure it out. 

1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

2. What is the led status of the Deco unit when this issue happens? 

3. What about other wireless devices? Do they have the same issue?

4. Please verify whether your iPhone has obtained a valid IP address and router from the Deco network when it failed to test the speed. You can go to settings page, click the wifi you have connected to get them. And try to ping the gateway of the Deco and show us the results. 

5. You can simplify the network diagram, connect the main Deco to the modem only and connect your iPhone to the Deco's wifi and then take some time to verify whether you can duplicate this issue. 

6. Try to swap the location of the Deco units. Or you can switch the slave Deco to main Deco and verify whether it works well.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-03-03 01:55:12

@Kevin_Z  Thank you for your reply!

Because of its unstable performance, I have returned the product to the seller and switched to another brand.

Options
2020-12-15 06:29:02

@pg99 

Hi. Has switching to other brand improved your home wifi network? Would you mind share the brand and model number? Tks

Options
2021-04-29 07:58:22

@pg99 

Even this user changed to different model I had the similar problem and here is the link to the solution to my problem.

DECO P7 to restrict internet speed on all devices. With my case the step 1. was enough to solve the whole issue.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/254396 

Check the Troubleshooting steps:

1. Remove QoS settings: Deco APP>QoS>(Set Application priority to Standard, Remove all high priority devices, set the Bandwidth to 1000Mbps upload and 1000Mbps download);

2. Turn off the UPNP feature in the Deco app: Deco APP>More>Advanced>UPNP;

3. Download the Wi-Fi Analyzer to check wireless channel interference;

I assume the device does automatically setup the bandwidth somehow during the first setup.

Due to this you need to make the speed test again with your main deco with the Deco App and decide if you would like to use the parameters of the result or add them manually.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2365

Replies: 6

Related Articles