Archer C7 V5 (EU) has no 5GHz channels at all because of "restrictions in your region/country"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 V5 (EU) has no 5GHz channels at all because of "restrictions in your region/country"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-29 18:21:00
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20190726 rel.57101(4555)

Hello everybody,

I just bought a new (?) and shiny Archer C7 from Amazon (Region: Europe), and tried to set it up. Had a bad surprise - 5 GHz WiFi is completely disabled because of some law/restrictions bs. I don't get it - according to my Google-Fu, *some* 5GHz channels shopuld definitely be allowed in Europe, with only "outdoor channels" being blocked. Nope, everything's blocked.

The FAQs point me to a field where I can select my Country (Germany), which does not seem to exist on this firmware. And with this, I am running out of ideas, the entire Internet agrees that it will work by "repeat these settings for 5 GHz", which obviously isn't possible here.

So... any ideas what is going wroing here?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V5 (EU) has no 5GHz channels at all because of "restrictions in your region/country"
2020-03-02 06:07:50

@Mark76 

Try to power cycle it first. 

If it does not work, please hard reset it by holding the reset button for 10s with the router powered on. Then you can log into the web UI and verify whether the wifi is available. 

And what about the 5GHz wifi led? Have you ever tried to turn it on via the wifi button on the back panel? 

Besides, you can go to advanced-wireless-wireless settings page to verify whether the 5GHz is editable. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Archer C7 V5 (EU) has no 5GHz channels at all because of "restrictions in your region/country"
2020-03-02 06:20:25

@Kevin_Z Already reset it multiple times, didn't work. The 5 GHz settings are grayed out and unclickable without any comment. The button on the back side only triggers the 2.4 GHz led.

I am starting to have a feeling that the 5 GHz band on this device is simply defective...

Options
2020-03-05 10:50:08

@Mark76 

Sorry to respond late. 

Cause the 5GHz is deactivated and cannot be fixed yet, you can contact the retailer or the local tech support to get a replacement first. 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2268

Replies: 3