Doesn't work from one room to the next

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-29 18:30:36 - last edited 2020-02-29 18:54:13
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Very disappointed. Setting up the first one in my office on the ground floor was easy enough but upstairs nothing, not even a hint of connection. Connection to TP link lost when moving to next room on the ground floor. It kept telling me that connection to my wifi had been lost and to go back to where it would connect again, unfortunately this was my office and as soon as I left my office I lost connection. My fixed line telephone plugs directly into my old wifi box together with my desktop but with the Deco there's only provision for one other connection and no telephone socket. I'd forgo that if it worked and I had wifi throughout the house but no connection in the next room....... that's ridiculous. I'll go back to my old wifi box which at least has four ethernet sockets and two telephone sockets.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Doesn't work from one room to the next
2020-03-02 02:35:51

@glenans 

Thanks for your information, we can do further analysis to locate this issue and try to figure it out.

1. Next to the upstairs Deco, can you get good wifi signal strength from the main Deco on the ground floor? 

2. What is the led status of the two Deco units? 

3. Try to move the upstairs Deco closer to the main one and verify whether the connection become more stable.

4. The Deco is a regular wireless router, it does not support VOIP function, so there is no telephone socket. If you want to use the fixed telephone, you can use the old wifi box as the main router and configure the Deco as access point to boost the wifi signal strength. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1677

Replies: 1

Related Articles