AX50 Disconnect and Slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-01 05:03:58
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

use to have Linksys EA6350 , and recently bought a AX50, it has weak and disconnet  unstable issue. 

same spot same divice connection

Options
10 Reply
Re:AX50 Disconnect and Slow speed
2020-03-01 12:08:50

@BCCC I also have that one and have also experienced unreliable connections. I really hope that TP-Link will improve the quality of the firmware. There is much to be asked there.

Options
2020-03-02 07:36:54

@BCCC 

Please provide more details so that we can do further analysis and try to figure it out. 

1. The led status of the Archer AX50 when it lost connection. 

2. Do wired and wireless connections both have the same issue? 

3. Are they still connected to the wifi but no internet access, or they lose connection totally? If it is the former one, please verify whether they can obtain valid IP address from the AX50. 

4. Please show us a screenshot of the status page when it stops working. 

5. How many devices have connected to the router? What are they? 

6. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Thanks a lot. Good day. 

Options
2020-03-02 14:03:09

@Kevin_Z 

disconnection from wifi mainly, all 5 Led is green while it disconnected.

it disconnect form my Samsung Noted 10+ , HP Envy x360 lab top, as well as unstable wifi transmit for samsung S4 pad, 

Noted 10+ sudden no connection in wifi, both 5GHz and 2.4

Envy x360 lab top, is not auto connect when lab top activate from sleep to reopen the lab top.

no issue with wire connect, only ps4 disconnect once.

firmware is update 

Options
2020-03-03 02:34:22

@BCCC 

We found that Archer AX50 experiences unstable connection with Samsung S10 or Note10 series phone and we released a statement. If possible, please tell me what is the current firmware version. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2751/

You can adjust the wireless settings to improve wireless performance, like wireless channel and channel width. 

Besides, when you lost wifi connection, were you still connected to the wifi but no internet access or you lost connection at all? If it is the former one, please click here to get the IP address and gateway of your computer. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-07-18 03:36:15

@BCCC I got the same issue.  I need to wait for 1 minute after login to my windows to get connection.

Once connected, the internet is unstable and I need to reload many times for the same page.

Options
2021-11-23 11:15:15

@Kevin_Z 

even the ethernet connection is low speed, no more than 300mb on a 1 gb connection.
The problem is the routing process , no issue in access point mode.

If you want more speed, buy a better and expensive router.
Then is no way to know the performance difference between routers cause they always give the max theorically speed given by the protocol, never the real one.

Options
2021-11-23 12:03:26

@quinzero 

Hi, the issue you reported is different from the OP in this thread, and I have replied to you below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/257504?replyId=1019370

Options
2021-11-26 15:22:34

Hi @Kevin_Z 

This issue was taken way too long to solve.

I had been following this AX50 slow Wi-Fi issue for a very long time now for some way to fix it.

Let me share my scenario.

I had been using TP-link AX50 for more than a year now with a Wi-Fi download speed of not more than 200 Mbps however, my ISP package is actually 1Gbps download speed.

Down below here is some speed test result from my PC.

If you may wonder my PC is actually supposed to support this high-speed internet or not, down below is my PC "Wi-Fi status" and it should support the speed up to 866.7 Mbps without any problem.

FYI, I also tested the speed with my iPhone 12 and the result was almost the same with the PC.

So if TP-link could check on my case and give me some advice it would be much appreciated to fix this problem for good.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Thank.

Options
2021-11-26 15:38:44

@Kevin_Z 

In case you wonder about my QoS setting please refer to the below picture for QoS setting and my firmware version.

Options
2021-11-29 08:23:20

@Alexander_99 

Hello, thanks for providing details about the speed issue you're experiencing with Archer AX50.

What is the speed you can get when connecting a computer to the AX50 directly with an Ethernet cable? You can disconnect all the other devices, wired and wirelessly, then test the speed to see if that is similar to the speed when you connect the computer directly to the ISP modem. BTW, what is the download speed you actually get when connect a computer directly to the ISP modem?

Please refer to this guide again to check the device priority in the QoS settings page, be sure that there is no device in High Priority, then reboot the router to confirm the speed again:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3069/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2860

Replies: 10

Related Articles