zeegbee integration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

zeegbee integration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
zeegbee integration
zeegbee integration
2020-03-01 12:38:23
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel. 54023

Hi all, 

I would like to know if anyone of you could connect a deco m9plus to a deconz system? I don't know how to manage the zigbee part to the m9 device?

Options
12 Reply
Re:zeegbee integration
2020-03-01 12:58:48

@Leon_73 

It is most likely pointless trying to get that to work. The truth is that the whole zigbee thing in M9 plus is a bit of a red herring. Yes it is there, no it can not connect with most third party zigbee products. 

Options
2020-03-02 02:58:48

@Leon_73 

Hello, I checked the compatibility, the Deco M9 plus is not included. That is why they cannot work together. 

https://phoscon.de/en/conbee/compatible

Besides, below is the compatibility list of Deco M9 plus, you can read it to get more information. 

https://www.tp-link.com/Deco-M9-Plus/compatibility/

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-02 13:11:02

than you @Kevin_Z for your reply.

I've choosed zigbee since it was an open standard ... to have a device which is compatible only with tplink devices is really a crap... 

It would be nice you open your device to make it more usefull... :-(

Just an other disappointed customer .

Options
2020-03-06 10:44:41 - last edited 2020-03-06 10:46:07

@Leon_73 I am a disappointed customer as well.

For example this is the compatibility list: https://www.tp-link.com/nl/Deco-M9-Plus/compatibility/

Dutch list but all smart plugs listed are for the American market.

Even their marketing used to mention they could connect to Nests as well but it is not on the list. And I did not see any updates last 4 months.

Very disappointed. Happy with the speed of the devices but I regret the extra money I paid for the M9 over the M5 just for non working Zigbee.

Most likely the last time I'll buy TP-Link.

Still I hope TP-Link now does understand my message and seriously work on this issue. Last December I felt ignored on this forum by their support team @Kevin_Z.

Options
2020-03-08 10:07:21 - last edited 2020-03-08 10:08:43

@Kevin_Z . any chance you are going to reply to my post?

Options
2020-03-08 10:16:19

@rijmer 

I understand your frustration, believe me I do. But Kevin is probably free from work in the weekends, so my guess is you will probably hear more next week.

Cheers.

Options
2020-03-14 15:33:32

@realjax But a week later I still haven't got a response.

Options
2020-03-16 03:19:27

@rijmer 

Hello, sorry to respond late. 

For the ZigBee integration, the information we have now is the devices listed in the compatibility list; The Nest has been removed as Google is ending the Works with Nest program in August. You may refer to https://nest.com/whats-happening/.

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-16 14:58:16

@Kevin_Z 

I really don't understand why not apply to the OPEN STANDARD of the zigbeealliance instead of having a lot of unhappy customers?

Options
2020-03-16 17:57:35

@Leon_73  because then your ZigBee device can be controlled by any old hub. Then there is no longer a need to buy a proprietary (TP link) hub . And then you will have a few happy customers but an unhappy (TP link) company. That's why.

Leon_73 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I really don't understand why not apply to the OPEN STANDARD of the zigbeealliance instead of having a lot of unhappy customers?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2989

Replies: 12

Related Articles