Tapo App Motion Detection Messages keeps turning on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-01 15:17:53 - last edited 2021-09-29 03:30:19
Model: KC110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Currently my app and my camera firmware is the latest. Whenever I open the Tapo app, the app turns on the Motion Detection Messages by itself. As the camera is being exposed to a lot of motion, I keep receiving notifications which I don't need it at all. It wasnt like that back when I was using the Standalone Tapo Camera App. Is there anyway to fix it? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo App Motion Detection Messages keeps turning on-Solution
2020-07-31 11:37:39 - last edited 2021-09-29 03:30:19

@Protech99  @ChinVPL 

Hello all, apologies for the super late reply.

Please ensure both the camera firmware and the Tapo app version are up-to-date.

If the Notification still auto-on, please provide the model of your phone as well as its OS version. We do receive some feedback that on some Huawei smartphones the Notifications will be automatically turned on once you kill the Tapo app and reopen it.

Don't worry that our developers are working on it and we will soon release new Tapo app to fix it, thanks.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo App Motion Detection Messages keeps turning on
2020-03-03 01:07:46 - last edited 2021-09-29 03:30:19

@Pikachew 

Pikachew wrote

Currently my app and my camera firmware is the latest. Whenever I open the Tapo app, the app turns on the Motion Detection Messages by itself. As the camera is being exposed to a lot of motion, I keep receiving notifications which I don't need it at all. It wasnt like that back when I was using the Standalone Tapo Camera App. Is there anyway to fix it? 

If you feel your Tapo camera is too sensitive, please navigate to the Camera Settings page on the App, then tap Detection & Alerts, where you can find Motion Sensitivity settings to change the sensitivity of the detection to a lower level.

By the way, what's the model number of your camera? If you don't open the Tapo app, can you receive the Motion Detection notification?

Options
2020-04-13 11:25:12 - last edited 2021-09-29 03:30:19

@Stella.Q @Pikachew I'm not sure that is what was being asked. Doesn't matter about the motion detector sensitivity, it should still record, but if I turn off notifications I expect them to stay off! Every day they seem to turn back on again which I don't want, but need it to still record. 

Options
2020-07-16 08:08:03 - last edited 2021-09-29 03:30:19

I also have this problem where notifications turn themselves back on at seemingly random times after being switched off.

Camera is C100

Tapo version  2.2.14

Options
Re:Tapo App Motion Detection Messages keeps turning on-Solution
2020-07-31 11:37:39 - last edited 2021-09-29 03:30:19

@Protech99  @ChinVPL 

Hello all, apologies for the super late reply.

Please ensure both the camera firmware and the Tapo app version are up-to-date.

If the Notification still auto-on, please provide the model of your phone as well as its OS version. We do receive some feedback that on some Huawei smartphones the Notifications will be automatically turned on once you kill the Tapo app and reopen it.

Don't worry that our developers are working on it and we will soon release new Tapo app to fix it, thanks.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-09-28 10:53:24 - last edited 2021-09-29 03:30:19

@Myapps 

I bought this yesterday set it up all was fine till I went to sleep my phone was locked and it stopped recording the motions, people and notifying me. Would automatically change my settings and i have to keep going to the settings to turn them back on. Which defeats the whole object of it security wise. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3885

Replies: 5

Related Articles