I still cannot connect my extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-03 09:21:27
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. I have recently bought my extender and cannot connect it. When I choose from WiFi -TPLink extender, it requires WPA2 password. It is not the same as for my WiFi network- I have tried millions times. I watched the video, where I should remeber SSID but there are no any number on the model backside. Could you, help me. What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks

Natali

Options
3 Reply
Re:I still cannot connect my extender
2020-03-04 02:34:21 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:21

@Natali_27 

Hello, the extender's default wifi should be an open network, please factory reset it and try to connect the wifi again. With the extender powered on, press the reset button/hole for 10 seconds until the light change.

Please note, the extender's default wifi name is TP-Link_ExtenderXXXX( the last 4 digits of the extender's MAC address)

Have a nice day.

Options
2020-03-04 08:13:10

@Stella.Q 

God, I might me birdbrained but I don't know where can I get those 4 digits? I restarted the extender and it still asks for the wpa2 password ((( 

Options
2020-03-05 07:36:59

@Natali_27 

Have you ever tried to use the wifi password of your main router? 

If it still does not work, please hard reset by holding the reset button/hole for 1s. 

Then you can reconfigure it with the instruction attached below, this time, please use the main router's wifi password to configure it. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/698/

Options