Wi-Fi connection issue established with TL-WR841N when move laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-03 20:12:56
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: 170210

Dear to all, router lost all connection (both wireless and wired)  when I move my laptop to another room connected over WiFi. The problem occurs in the following scenario:

1. In the same room where is placed router TL-WR841N I establish a WiFi connection with my laptop (wireless network adapter of laptop is Intel Wi-Fi 9260)

2. Web navigation is fine, when I move with my laptop to another room, the signal level decrease and, after 1-2 minutes, signal is lost, other wifi device try to connect but can't do it and, also other device linked with ethernet cable lost the connection and result no network available. The only thing possible is turn off and turn on the router.

How can fix this issue? I have updated router firmware to last build, wi-fi 9260 to last driver, set the n mode in "manage device" in control panel

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi connection issue established with TL-WR841N when move laptop
2020-03-05 02:37:18

@n30 

What is the current network diagram? 

What is the led status of the TL-WR841N when you lost connection? Can you get internet from the modem directly when router stops working?

Did you mean that the devices can see the SSID but not able to join it? Is there any error message? 

Have you ever tried to change wireless settings to improve its performance? Like wireless channel, channel width. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-05 19:42:29

Kevin_Z wrote

@n30 

What is the led status of the TL-WR841N when you lost connection? Can you get internet from the modem directly when router stops working?

Did you mean that the devices can see the SSID but not able to join it? Is there any error message? 

Have you ever tried to change wireless settings to improve its performance? Like wireless channel, channel width. 

Good day. 

@Kevin_Z 

Well, the router TL-WR841N is linked with WAN port to Archer D5 AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router; "WAN Connection Type" field is setted to "Dynamic IP"

What is the led status of the TL-WR841N when you lost connection?

I'm not sure because I don't have router in my room now, however all led was green and wifi led flash intermittently

Can you get internet from the modem directly when router stops working?

yes, when the issue happen I only turn off and turn on TL-WR841N, I don't make nothing to Archer

Did you mean that the devices can see the SSID but not able to join it?

Yes, I have tried with Samsung Galaxy A3 4G SM-A300FU 2014 edition (it's support WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4Ghz))

Is there any error message?

I don't remember very well, but I think that wasn't error message

I have setted wifi mode to n mode, channel width to 20, but I don't have fixed the issue

Waiting for an answer,

Best regards

Options
2020-03-06 05:41:07

@n30 

Thanks for your reply. 

Try to use channel 1, 6 or 11. And please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

If the laptop accesses internet from the Archer D5 normally when TL-WR841N stops working, please connect your computer back to the TL-WR841N and login to the web UI to clone the computer's MAC address. 

If still the same, you can configure the TL-WR841N as an access point to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/417/

May it help. 

Options
2020-03-06 17:45:57 - last edited 2020-03-06 17:46:31

Kevin_Z wrote

@n30 

Thanks for your reply. 

Try to use channel 1, 6 or 11. And please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

If the laptop accesses internet from the Archer D5 normally when TL-WR841N stops working, please connect your computer back to the TL-WR841N and login to the web UI to clone the computer's MAC address. 

If still the same, you can configure the TL-WR841N as an access point to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/417/

May it help. 

@Kevin_Z 

Thank You for reply,

I'll try to set manually 1, 6 or 11. I have updated the firmware few days ago.

well, after TL-WR841N stops working, I must connect laptop to Archer D5 (wired o wirelessly is the same, right?), and from browser open web UI with wan IP address (obviously before make this step I must configure "Remote management" subsection in "Security" section).Right?

Why I must make MAC Clone to TL-WR841N router? Archer D5 router isn't setted to do mac address check...

This workaround doesn't like to me. If I bought a router device, I want use the device as a router. It does not make sense buya router and use it as an access point.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 902

Replies: 4