Deco M9 vs High end tp-link router and OneMesh extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-03 22:35:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

With the seemingly never ending wait for Deco M9 Plus firmware for V2 I was wondering if its worth swapping the equipment out for a decent TP-Link router along with the new OneMesh capability such as the RE305.

Would the Deco have superior roaming performance over a OneMesh setup. I'm guessing the software is very similar as, when first introduced the OneMesh compatible extenders recognised the Decos as part of the Onemesh network until a 'fix' put a stop to that.

I would hope a decent router would have better QOS that allows you to place a device into a low prioirty queue.

Any opinions or anyone tried the OneMesh solution in place of a Deco setup?

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 vs High end tp-link router and OneMesh extender
2020-03-04 02:33:55

@Oakmeister 

For your information, at least a wireless router and a network expansion device ( like range extender) are needed to create the Onemesh network, and the Onemesh supports wireless backhaul only, unlike Deco, it does not support ethernet backhaul.

And the RE305 is a range extender, it does not support QoS features. And now the Deco is not included on the Onemesh compatibility list, they cannot build up the mesh network together. 

The Deco M9 plus supports QoS, for other new features, they will be added via firmware upgrading. We will push our developers to release it. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2010

Replies: 1

Related Articles