M9 Plus vs X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M9 Plus vs X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M9 Plus vs X20
M9 Plus vs X20
2020-07-08 22:46:56 - last edited 2020-07-30 09:04:20
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good day,

I am trying to decide between the Deco M9 Plus 3-Pack and the Deco X20 3-Pack to replace my old WiFi Mesh system.I have a fast fibre connection, although not gigabit level fast, but both myself and my wife work from home so there are quite a number of laptops that need to connect to the system at relatively good speeds, together with a few iPhones, iPads, Apple TV, etc.

My question relates to the wired vs wireless backhaul. Would it be possible to connect one of the nodes to the main node via a wired backhaul and then connect the second node also to the main node, but via the wireless backhaul on both the M9 Plus and X20 as shown in the picture below:

The reason for the wired back haul is that the Main and Child Node at the bottom of the picture are the two nodes that will be experiencing the most traffic.

If the above scenario is possible, then I am leaning towards the X20 as the two most important nodes will be able to serve up faster WiFi using the wired backhaul and the X20's faster WiFi speeds. If not possible, and you can only do either a wired backhaul, or a wireless backhaul across the whole network, then the M9 plus feels like a slightly better option due to the dedicated 5Ghz wireless backhaul.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:M9 Plus vs X20-Solution
2020-07-30 09:04:07 - last edited 2020-07-30 09:04:20

@JPMarais 

Hello,

As per your description, neither Deco M9 Plus nor X20 can meet your requirements if you need the Child node to be wireless backhaul for both the main and the other Chid node, as one node can only be a wireless backhaul.

Agree with you that, Deco M9 Plus will be a better choice for you.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:M9 Plus vs X20-Solution
2020-07-30 09:04:07 - last edited 2020-07-30 09:04:20

@JPMarais 

Hello,

As per your description, neither Deco M9 Plus nor X20 can meet your requirements if you need the Child node to be wireless backhaul for both the main and the other Chid node, as one node can only be a wireless backhaul.

Agree with you that, Deco M9 Plus will be a better choice for you.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 6826

Replies: 1

Related Articles